Discuss RUBI- Here to help answer any product related queries! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I had a Sigma wheel buckle on me while cutting, No idea why and I wasnt putting it under any real stress apart from the normal...IIRC it was only cutting a ceramic tile too.....Just clarifying that these things do happen...Rubi, Sigma, Marcrist, Montolit etc etc

Not buckle neale , they shattered and shards flying off.

Best leave it anyway as I will never get the reason , even though I know why , just wanted them to admit it.

So to stop whining members twisting about rubi v sigma banter , I shall bow out of said banter to keep the twisty gits happy.

S

Sigma UK

I think the sigma boys should lay off the rubi man, i don't see the others being bitchy towards the sigma man, very unprofessionalism towards mr rubi :(

Just to be nice, i like rubi, never had a problem at all,i aint tried a sigma,no point, mine do the job, great cutters are rubi , superb( if i carry on think i may get some freebies ;) )

Nothing to do with Sigma Widler?. People use what they want and if someone asks a question then fair play.

R

RubiUK

Hi, We have recently modified our DU and DW Ranges.... I am not aware of this problem still occurring. Check out the current RUBI ranges : Electric cutting and mitering saws - RUBI

In addition to the above, the runners have been changed on the DU model, We will hopefully be changing this on the DW range but at the moment they are still the same. Apologies for any confusion.

R

RubiUK

A question for Rubi uk..

I have had 2 of the BL porcelain 110mm blades and both have shattered on me.. i asked the Rep to look into it and got zero response ... then through the grape vine i hear he said it was down to cutting curves.. lol..

Now i was cutting cheap 10x8 ceramics and a straight L-cut at that and it shattered on me... 2 blades did just the same and i get no reply..

Can you look into this .? or is it just swept under the carpet..

Don't want to sound abrupt but i could have been injured and all i wanted was a reason why.. is it because they are sourced cheaply in china or maybe just a manufacturing fault .. but please do not just ignore feed back from an ex very long time rubi user.

Hi Dave, we did find that some users do cut curves and this was causing an issue where chunks were removed from the blade. The instruction sheet that is supplied with the blade clearly advises that by cutting angles or using excessive pressure this can happen but we would not find this to be a manufacturing fault more user error. Having said that if you feel both blades have been used correctly and the same issue has occurred, please return them to the stockist you purchased them from who can submit a warranty claim and I will be happy to send them to Spain for further inspection and analysis.

Ps. Please remember to always use protective clothing and goggles when using any blade to avoid injury to ones self.

R

RubiUK

Does the tc 180 run on a rail guide like the festool circular saw? I've always wanted a tool like this, once thought about converting a conventional rip saw to do this. You could do some good bespoke work using this.

Hi Charlie, the rail guide for the TC 180 can be purchased separately as an additional accessory. Our product ref code for the rail guide connector is 50956. You also have the ability to connect multiple guides so there are no limits to cutting length.

I hope this helps.

Reply to RUBI- Here to help answer any product related queries! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a good 2016 so far. Just a quick post to tell you about the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
S
Hi All, I have a large bathroom project coming up and am after a Rubi tile cutter, something...
Replies
Views
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB