Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Rubi ND180 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bushwhacker1

All,
Been in the trade since the beginning of the year. When i started out, i took a lot of advice on various tools including one of the most important, a wet cutter. After listening to a few old hands, the ND180 came up regularly as a great cutter, reliable etc so i went ahead and got one.

Quite frankly, i wouldnt recommend them. They are very heavy, dont come with a carry case and the whoever designed the water tray needs their head examining. Basically, the tray is a cheap plastic effort that you have to slide and slot underneath the cutter after lifting up the cutter to one side but its almost impossible not to spill water all over the shop. Furthermore, the guide is pretty much second rate.

Am i on my own on this one? I used a very cheap cutter at a fraction of the price when i did my qualification course and i have to say it was better than the much more expensive Rubi option.

cheers

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
i have one of these wee cutters,,,if im honest yes it is a basic line model..so it does what it says on the tin,

i changed the blade to a decent one and use it on most small/average sized jobs i do with no issues,i dont find it much heavier than any other metal cutter to be honest,the water tray well its a little bit fiddly and yes could be a better design but the water doesnt spray everywhere when im cutting so it seems okay

thing is iv been using this cutter for a long time now and its still going strong,i think i will get the 200 cutter same as mark next time but for 100 quid these days youaint gonna be getting a top end model

Reply to Rubi ND180 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am selling my Rubi Speed Magnet 62 for £150. Less than a year old (purchased July '21)...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi Has anyone got or used the Rubi du 200 evo 650 electric Cutter, I was thinking of...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've noticed that when cutting large format porcelain on my Rubi TS70 plus that I...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi ND180
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.