Discuss Rubi TX-900 (N) and small wetcutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Ok as some of you will know I foolishly bought a Rubi TS-50 Plus last year thinking I was buying a TS-60 Plus, my mouse must of slipped when selecting!

I didn't even realise for a few months until I went to cut a 600mm tile only for it not to fit, the confusion on my face suddenly turned to anger at how Rubi could design a tiler cutter called a 60, wouldn't work on such a tile, then it finaly dawned on me it was in fact my own stupid fault!

Anyway it's now come the time to add a larger cutter to the family so as I've always had Rubi's I've decided to maybe go for the Rubi TX-900 or the N version. So i'd like some feed back if anybody has either of the models. It's not uncommon for me to be working in tight spaces and the measuring guide rail looks different on the 'N' to the standard. Is it that much bigger?

I'm open to other suggestions of cutter but it's a must for me to see the scoring wheel, as that's just how I work

Also I'm thinking of getting a new small wet cutter as the one I have at the moment sprays so much water it's only really suitable to be used in a wetroom (bland guard is a distant memory:oops:)

So on this side of things I was thinking of getting the following, after a quick search I know Fred bought one last year so an update from him would be great but also anybody else who might have used on

Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw

• Cast alloy deck
  • Unique water re-circulation system
  • 180mm dia wheel inc (16mm bore, reversible flange alows 22.2mm bore blades)
  • 25mm cut depth
  • Height adjustable wheel guard
  • Flip-up table plate for 15°, 30°, 45° mitres
  • Hi-Torque 750 watt quiet induction motor
  • Direct drive for smooth cuts
  • Carry handle
  • Cable winder
  • Automatic overload reset button
  • Table size: 50cm D x 55cm W
  • Cutting guide - use left or right
  • Fully adjustable sliding angle guide
  • Click-grip calliper lock
weight 16 Kg inc packaging

A

Aston

hi cr

i would highly recommend a montolit 93p from tt....what a cutter they are mate...
i sold one before christmas for £200 ...they weigh about 10 kilos, they cut 60cmx60cm diagonally perfect time after time, no shearing off or anything..

i had loads of cutters and i decided to streamline everything down to just a ts40, tx700 and looking to buy a sigma 1.25cm click clock from the proceeds form my sales.

all the best
ed

C

Colour Republic

anybody got one of these?

SlantRidge183HFV.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubi TX-900 (N) and small wetcutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Im a DIYer doing a lot of work on an old house we are f restoring. I have put down a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
Hi all I've noticed that when cutting large format porcelain on my Rubi TS70 plus that I...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
C
Hi All, Im new to the forum, so go easy with me!!! Im after some advice please. I purchased a...
Replies
Views
One Day
O

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB