Discuss Saucy Picture in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill Ding

Hi,
I'm new to both the Tilersforum and tiling, although I have done some tiling for myself in the past. I've been laid off once and made redundant twice all within the energy sectors, so I've decided to go self employed. I've spent the last few months looking at gaps in my area for all sorts of trades/services and the one that jumps to the front is tiling.
I have lots of mates/associates who are self employed mainly within the building trade and they're telling me that there is a shortage of tilers within our area.
If anyone can point me in the right direction for courses/nvq's in the NE Lincs area it would be much appreciated.
Bill.
Nearly forget the saucy picture (see below)
Sorry I just wondered if my intro would get more views if I used a risque title.
sauce.jpeg

D

Dave85

Welcome! Yep, your title did make me have a look! Though I probably would have looked anyway if you mentioned courses. I am also looking into doing a course, I have been looking at construction skills college, you can do a 10 day course with them that gives you a city and guilds in floor and wall tiling which can then lead to you getting an NVQ in the future. I hope this is of some help for you.

T

Time's Ran Out

You should look at Marketing - getting noticed is the first priority especially at the start.
Do your research well with courses (Nett in the NE has good feedback) and don't expect to do anything but survive at first (there is a recession).
But then again - this IS the greatest job out there - so enjoy.
With this forum its what you put in that determines what you get out, and you will receive a tremendous amount of support from the members here.
Good Luck.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Saucy Picture in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Good morning. Just a quick question regarding the tiles in the picture. I've fixed split face...
Replies
Views
rj1884
R
A
Hi people! I left the Royal Marines 3 years ago and have somehow found myself in a very dull...
Replies
Views
C
Hello all, I have signed up to the forum as I was wondering if any of you kind people would be...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Saucy Picture
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.