Discuss screws for cement board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
The plasterboard gives when shear stress is applied where plywood and hardie don't ,under stress drywall screws snap very easily but if you wish to use them then go for it

I do 'go for it gary'
Ive used loads of screws , heads snap on most under stress .
Try it , screw one piece of ply down with drywall and normal wood screws, bet you can't get either up without extreme force.

Drywall screws are fine , we are plasterers as well ( you know bloody multi traders who know sod all ;) ) so have loads at hand , why pay a fortune for more when they do just a good a job , which, they do

Maybe your driver/bit could be the problem. Recently I changed over to use an impact driver,but forgot it one day and asked to use a joiners 18v DeWalt cordless......with the right driver and the right bit it would pull the screws all the way thru the Hardie
i recently changed for cordless makita tools, so impact driver is very good and bit was for this screws. It's just not right for me how this screws perform on hardie

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to screws for cement board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I’ve searched endlessly for an answer to this and can’t seem to find an answer, so I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi All, It's my first post here. I'm currently working on a wetroom in my flat and would love to...
Replies
Views
Hello we are currently trying to choose a tile to lay on the ground floor (70m2) of our house...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB