Discuss setting out a floor in diamond pattern 45 dgs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Dean, you're a star. Many, many thanks for this. Any good tips for how to ping a chalk line if you're on your own? Fix one end under a box of tiles?

Has your chalk line got a ring at one end? If so get some concrete nails, then take one and tap it into the subfloor a few mm far enough so that it will hold the tension of the line when you pull it tight then walk to the other room pull it tight and ping it to your marks, then just remove your nail. Job done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

W

White Room

Just check theres no pipes to close to the surface
titanic-058.gif

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Has your chalk line got a ring at one end? If so get some concrete nails, then take one and tap it into the subfloor a few mm far enough so that it will hold the tension of the line when you pull it tight then walk to the other room pull it tight and ping it to your marks, then just remove your nail. Job done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

or get the BOSH GTL 3 lazer :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin: and set in place!!!:thumbsup:

Reply to setting out a floor in diamond pattern 45 dgs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm buying natural stone for floor in my house. Wife would like to do a French pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
setting out a floor in diamond pattern 45 dgs
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.