Discuss Shaving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

So I'm not the only one that has noticed that the Gillette blades aren't lasting as long... :mad2:

I had a psychology teacher in school that said in class one day "Men need to shave to have their feelings of self-worth and identify as males of the species...blah blah blah" and some such blather. I told her that I would pay $10,000 if someone had a product that I could buy that would eliminate the need for me to shave, forever. She gave me a bunch of psycho-babble about how I was wrong about that and how I really didn't understand the male psyche (this is from a woman??:lol:) and so on. I ended up dropping the class because she was such a wingnut. And all these years later I still hate shaving and I still would still plunk down a bunch of $$$ to avoid shaving for the rest of my life.

Last year, as I was researching old-style straight razors and how to use them, I found this forum:

Welcome to ShaveMyFace.com - The world's most comprehensive guide to the art of shaving and men's fine grooming products

I've been told that once you learn how to use these razors, you'll never consider going back to the razors that we all use. The straight razors are expensive, and it takes a bit of work to care for them, but none of that deters me. I'm not quite to the point where I would feel less-than-terrified to draw one of those across my face. :yikes:

R

Rich

They are briliant! I have always had a problem with stubble and I have always hated shaving as I have sensitive skin on my face.

It does take a bit of getting used to, and i cant help think about sweeny todd evertime I shave but I now LOOK FORWARD to shaving.

My razor was around the £70 mark (Bare in mind that it is over 100 years old), is about the best steel you can buy but is not the best make (Like Dovo for eg), on top of that you need the strop and creams. So it is a lot of money to start with but once you have the stuff and as long as you buy good stuff you will NEVER have to replace it.
The price of Mach 3 blades now it wont take long to make your money back.

S

Scott

I hate shaving, i find it a real pita. When i was in sales and marleting i had to shave everyday and hated it with a passion. Mine grows really fast too which is annoying ans it doesnt grow at all on my head :)

I asked for anew razor fro Crimbo but didnt get one. I have had my old Mach 3 for at least 10 years. The blades dont last as long and there are a lot of copies around too. I used to get a bloke come round the pub selling them, if its one thing i wouldnt buy a snide its razor blades!

I wonder how many blades there will be on a razor in 10 years time? we are up to five now already!

P

Pebbs

Anyone ever heard of placing razor blades inside a pyramid shape ( has to be exact measurements, apparently) to resharpen them? If you google 'pyramids sharpen razor blades' you find all sorts, never tried it myself... let me know if you do! :)

Gisele have you been drinking? You lost me...

When I read Stewarts post it made my eyes water....now you know what women have to go through...every six weeks and two co-proxamel in me off I trot for my torture session.

Pebbs

U

user123

Gisele have you been drinking? You lost me...

When I read Stewarts post it made my eyes water....now you know what women have to go through...every six weeks and two co-proxamel in me off I trot for my torture session.

Pebbs

I have NO idea if this will help, but I had a patient who swore it worked . ... he was quite sane... REALLY!!

pyramids sharpen razor blades - Google Search

R

Rob Z

Hi there Richard, where did you find an antique razor? How long did it take to get the hang of using it so that you feel comfortable shaving (and not terrified that you'll cut an artery :yikes: :yikes: ). There is a new company in the US that has started making these razors...there are well over $200.

They are briliant! I have always had a problem with stubble and I have always hated shaving as I have sensitive skin on my face.

It does take a bit of getting used to, and i cant help think about sweeny todd evertime I shave but I now LOOK FORWARD to shaving.

My razor was around the £70 mark (Bare in mind that it is over 100 years old), is about the best steel you can buy but is not the best make (Like Dovo for eg), on top of that you need the strop and creams. So it is a lot of money to start with but once you have the stuff and as long as you buy good stuff you will NEVER have to replace it.
The price of Mach 3 blades now it wont take long to make your money back.

Reply to Shaving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
D
Hi All, Having our bathroom tiled and fitted, we are 4 days in so far and its not looking...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Shaving
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.