Discuss Shocking!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Just spoke to 2 guys who recently attended a 4 day course at a well known tile training centre in my area (Scotland), anyway, being a tiler, they where eager to pick my brains about certain issues and i was eager to do the same to see what there training was like and from what they have told me so far, im really not impressed!! They dont seem to have any knowlage at all of different types of adhesives, primers where to use them and why??? but what I found was most shocking was there tutor told them when overboarding timber floor for tiling, use 6mm ply (nailed)??? WTF!!!.... no wonder im loosing out on more and more estimates!!:mad2:

J

jay

seems like a bit of a set up to me cant understand doing a 4 day course . as they will need more training to become a basic of anything.
waste of money in my books

we have a similar thing happening down here you can do a 2 day course to become accredited as a renderer (walls bagged crap) you should see some of the results (what i mean is some of the walls when finished you could hang a surfboard on and it would look right at home)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just spoke to 2 guys who recently attended a 4 day course at a well known tile training centre in my area (Scotland), anyway, being a tiler, they where eager to pick my brains about certain issues and i was eager to do the same to see what there training was like and from what they have told me so far, im really not impressed!! They dont seem to have any knowlage at all of different types of adhesives, primers where to use them and why??? but what I found was most shocking was there tutor told them when overboarding timber floor for tiling, use 6mm ply (nailed)??? WTF!!!.... no wonder im loosing out on more and more estimates!!:mad2:
Wouldn't be how2tile would it?

Reply to Shocking!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'm not much of a forum poster, and am also new here to this one. Additionally, in...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Shocking!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.