Discuss Shocking!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

jock or joke:lol:

Well, ive never personally met the guy but thats his name. What gets me is, you estimate for a job using the correct materials and explain to the customer why you are using them, but your allways gonna be priced too high compaired to others using substandard mats however surley this level of work can only lead to lots of repairs needing done in the future!

S

SandyFloor

Probably the best input I can give is to tell you of the reasons for all the many failed tile floors I have ripped up over the years. By far the winner is 6mm ply over floorboards amounting to about 70% of them. Second place is due to lack rigidity in the floor which 6mm lacks the thickness to correct. Third place goes to 6mm ply delaminating it is far more prone to it where thicker stuff isn't. There have been other reasons but 6mm ply accounts for a vast majority of it. Absolutely incredible a tiling school advocates the use of it under any circumstances.

6mm ply nailed!!! Are they paying for this course!!!!! Like you say if someone is quoting for that and then you're quoting for instance 6mm cement boards srcrewed and 2 part addy then you will never get the job unless the customer has some sort of sense to see why they're so different or like brinkley says make sure they know the differences before hand!

Last edited:

Reply to Shocking!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'm not much of a forum poster, and am also new here to this one. Additionally, in...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Shocking!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.