Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Should I become a tiler??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rob39

Hi all
Im Looking for a career change,worked in the building industry for a few years (laboured for joiners, plasterers, brickies etc) and picked up various advanced DIY type skills including tiling. Left the industry 10+ years ago. I'm in the SW Scotland area (Ayrshire) Wondering how the construction industry is fairing and is it worth attempting to start up as a tiler. Any advice would be appreciated.
Rob

D

david campbell

i'm with neale(sir ramic) on this one mate,the west of scotland is not the easiest place to find work at the moment,i was booked solid about a year ago and now it's coming in spits and bursts,theres weeks where i'm doing nothing then busy for about 6 weeks then goes quiet again,probably better having a full time job and tiling in your spare time or if you can afford it have a part time job to ensure there is still an income

Somerset
Rob, I guess it depends on where you are, and how much enthusiasm you have.

In my area (Somerset) I have a steady flow of domestic work - in fact I started tiling professionally because I had a lot of requests from people who wanted tiling work - it appeared to be the best professional trade to make a living in. Mind you I only do domestic, not commercial, and many jobs require more than just tiling (i.e. new bathroom). I know many tilers out there are struggling in the current climate - I say dont listen to them if you really want to do it - go for it. :welcome:

Reply to Should I become a tiler??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys & Girls Iv been tiling for just over two years now. Needed a career change after years...
Replies
Views
dbstiling
D
M
Hi guys, basically I'm enquiring to see if anyone of you's would be interested in an...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
B
Tiler / Tiling in Sandwich, East Kent, CT13 0NQ Delphi Ceramic Ltd – Sandwich, Kent We...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Should I become a tiler???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.