UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Should rustic black slate calibrated look like this? Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

ellington

The tiler has been laying rustic black slate modular from Topps Tiles. We are really disappointed with the way it is laid as there are numerous trip hazards with some tiles significantly lower than others and sharp corners sticking up. The tiler has blamed the tiles and said that's what they look like. IMAG0027.jpg IMAG0034#1.jpg IMAG0022.jpg IMAG0024.jpg IMAG0021.jpg

Is this right?

E

ellington

No, we were told to choose them we could choose from a couple of companies and Topps was one of the but the company who are doing all of the insurnace work had different trades coming in and one was their tiler so we had no choice over Tiler. I'm not blaming Topps in any way. The tiler laid something on the floor that meant the floor was perfectly smooth after the old tiles were picked up. We're not sure what to do now as we have registered a complaint with the insurance company as the contractors are blaming the tiles - they suggested we have something else when we chose these and said we were effectively told "we told you so" when we complained.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
i agree with everyone on here,that is terrible,i laid a 40 odd m2 topps tile 'calibrated:lol:' floor the same as these before Christmas and finished it just after.you can not get away from lippage with these tiles,there was some terrible tiles,all shapes all thickness,but that floor is disgusting:thumbsdown:

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 151
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327604112.378741.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 135
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327603949.319612.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 133
  • photo 4.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 136

Reply to Should rustic black slate calibrated look like this? Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone! Just want to say first of all that I am not a tiler or anything I’m just in need...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a bit of help please. My house was a new build 18 months ago and...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
Z
Hi all, am looking for split face gray large slate? tiles like this picture, has anyone seen...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.