Discuss show us your scars in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stephenoneill

roughly every 3 years i have to visit the emergency ward after being cut by a tile .the last time in june 2012 i was rushing to finish the site and got 8 stitches along my thumb ;straight to the bone :the doctor said it was a perfect cut ;like a razorblade ;i wont say which cutters it was but it left a little nick on the end of the tile and i dragged it across my thumb ;plenty of blood but i didnt cry ;kept it together like a man. so my question is ;is it me or is that about reguliar for a pro tiler ;a visit every 3years

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
The last really bad one I had was about 4 years ago, knife went in on the top of my knuckle and sliced the skin open all the way round to the bottom. The bone was well any truly on show. It was the first day on a new car showroom so I wrapped some cloth round it and strapped it up with tape. had to change the 'dressing' about 4 times before it finally stopped bleeding but still managed to get about 35m2 down....... I stuck a knife in my shin once which was pretty bad. strapped it up and went out for the night on the ale. The next day my wife convinced me to go to A+E where they put 8 stiches in it. I took them out myself a week later!! I really shouldn't be trusted with knives!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Last bad cut I had was reaching into tool box for hammer, looked round the other way for a moment and then saw claret all over white floor. Never felt a thing. I caught my knuckle on the sharp end of my drywall saw. Not quite down to the bone, but had to have 3 stitches in it. Had to wear gloves for a week to keep it dry and a bag to keep it dry when showering.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
006.jpg did this with a stanley knife, just sharpening a bloody pencil...:lol:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Last time i had to attend accident & emergency ,it was to have my finger/hand stitched -up as i used an angle grinder without a safety -guard on to cut a wooden joist and it jumped back on me whent the full lenth up my finger and on to my hand bone depth :yikes: my son said he knew it was serious when i rapped it in a cloth and got straight in the van and drove to hospital without saying anything to anyone as i was working at home lol :hurray:

merit

TF
once had a 8 be 4 18mm sheet dropped on me hand from about 2 foot, broke me hand and three fingers, one finger looked like a squashed black grape, waited all day for surgery, only to find out the bloke who puts you to sleep had finished his shift, we can do it under a local if you like, id waited all day so let em go a head, not a pleasant experience ,still i can still say ive had plastic surgery, now my fingers just squared off

D

Dougs Third Go

i had ten stiches in my wrist when i trip over my cutter in a bathroom, fell backwards and ripped my wrist open on a rusty nail sticking out the wall, showed the customer what i had done, she gave me a tea towel to wrap it in, and i drove to the a&e......she never did want the tea towel back..lol, ....had to have a tetnus jab aswell...:thumbsdown:
that hurts more than the stitches :lol:

Reply to show us your scars in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
im hoping to gain a bit of expert advice from some other trades men on here.I have been...
Replies
Views
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
D
For all you Birmingham locals - why not come see us at the HBRS this week ! As it says...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
E
I receive this i-mail for one job: Work Friday-Monday Eduardo, Work for tomorrow...
Replies
Views
R
hallo, in my winter holidays i thinked a lot about tony. :-) i do mitres in most of my jobs...
2 3
Replies
Views
rainsco
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB