Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the Tiling Work Showcase Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Edit May 2024: THIS is a New Show Us Your Work Thread for 2024 Onwards

This is the new Tilers Showcase Forum where we want new tiling work added, with each tiling job you complete having a thread of its own so people can see what kind of work you do, and potential customers can find your work

I thought it was about time we had a thread dedicated to all members of Tilers forums to show us any work that they do.

Be it from installing a kitchen to garden decking. Show us your work! Get those pictures taken, but then do something with them! Actually add them to a thread and some facebook groups with your website link in them etc and it'll help spread the tile love. :)

If you have done a job then please do share it with us.

Pics are a MUST as what is the point of sharing a job without them..:smilewinkgrin:.

So if you do a job and you take a few pics then please do share it with us.

Lets make it a big thread for all to view and input in.

Thanks Dave ..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

It’s a thankless task at the best of times Mark. I’m actually going thro something very similar at the moment. Very few actually grasp the complexity at the best of times.
Quite simply because they only work in 2d.
I had two pieces of bookmatched magnum delivered and they should have been reflected patterns, you know how.
Instead they were identical.
I called the designer and explained the problem (3 week lead time for more). I kid you not, she said "why can't you just rotate one of them?"
I had to get her to draw on a piece of paper (over the phone) for her to understand what I meant...
"oh yeah..." she says eventually.

As for returns inside niches... I've stopped trying to explain that one. Now I just keep my offcuts and get on with it....

O

Old Mod

Quite simply because they only work in 2d.
I had two pieces of bookmatched magnum delivered and they should have been reflected patterns, you know how.
Instead they were identical.
I called the designer and explained the problem (3 week lead time for more). I kid you not, she said "why can't you just rotate one of them?"
I had to get her to draw on a piece of paper (over the phone) for her to understand what I meant...
"oh yeah..." she says eventually.

As for returns inside niches... I've stopped trying to explain that one. Now I just keep my offcuts and get on with it....

Haha you’re not using the same tile as me are you Mark?
I’m using the Florim Calacatta Gold, 2 sets.
Unfortunately I had to cut a large part of the design off! There’s no internal wrap.
Because I have to have a joint in the centre
Of the diverter.
All the vein on far left of the slab bad to be removed. Easy wrap, crap effect.

138DE58C-343D-46B8-8C34-43B4167DAA6F.jpeg 7968030E-B931-4738-A8CC-403E6040916F.jpeg

M

MTiler

This is a very unique steam room Ive been working on for the past month. Its in a new Wellness Centre and Spa at Broughton Hall in North Yorkshire.
Its made of preformed Wedi, thats then had a resin coat painted on with a bit of sharp sand to give it a 'key'. I used Kerakolls No Limits Bio Gel with their Fugalite Bio epoxy in anthracite. So glad I asked for Kerakolls epoxy as I got through 40 pots. The rounded edged mosaics were a pig to clean and Fugalite made a difficult job easier. The mosaics are 11mm metalic glazed plastic faced ceramics by Botteganove.
The gold graduated blended sheets I made at home before hand.
The room was designed by Milk Leisure Ltd. Lights and steam outlet etc still to be fitted.

48767_01_Freigabe_f page 1.jpg P1010187.jpg P1010191.jpg P1010193.JPG P1010195.jpg P1010202.jpg P1010205.jpg P1010185.JPG

O

One Day

Thanks, it took about 32 days including the floor
It's awesone work. Do you find yourself getting itchy to get done after 2 weeks though? Or do you have real patience and the enjoyment lasts all the way through the project?
Personally, I start out really excited but struggle sometimes to keep 100% motivated after a few weeks on one project!

M

MTiler

It's awesone work. Do you find yourself getting itchy to get done after 2 weeks though? Or do you have real patience and the enjoyment lasts all the way through the project?
Personally, I start out really excited but struggle sometimes to keep 100% motivated after a few weeks on one project!
Its more about having had enough of working away and the traveling involved, it can depend on the site conditions too when youre on a job for a while.

My first porcelain project. Ensuite refitted.
New floor in 18mm ply
Hardi 6mm
Ufh
Slc
Tiles600x300 .

Walls, shower area 12mm hardi plus tanking
Rest of walls moisture resistant plasterboard
Used levelling clips throughout but made a mistake as should have gone thinner and used regular spacers to get consistant grout lines.
Usrd mapei slow set adhesive & mapei medioum grey grout ( never again as shading / patching was terrible - took ages to get it looking acceptable.
Thanks to all on here who helped guide me with methods & products. Main bathroom next!

4ABD95B8-D0AB-4CC3-AAD9-FB6DB68322AF.jpeg 79322F84-C599-47B9-8FEF-7B7B2F5156E7.jpeg 3D1B5005-7E37-48AD-B01B-A3E6D8DF6BB7.jpeg 0072109A-CD4C-48AD-BFE2-DB7152BE2B3F.jpeg 6E089BF3-E9E0-4C85-88AC-1A9F592540BA.jpeg 69BED581-0572-49B9-A810-91F56C28075E.jpeg CF198067-001A-4A90-BF70-343E0EA4967E.jpeg 7B2639C7-397E-495D-9687-237A6BF1E41A.jpeg F75109A7-7C3E-4927-BEA4-3B3A337910FD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the Tiling Work Showcase Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
I spend some time in doorways. TJ's Doorway Mosaics for McKenzie Shop Front
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
Join The Tile Association and Get Noticed Some time ago joining The Tile Association may have got your tile business noticed, but it wouldn’t have helped your website much, as the Tiles.org.uk...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement