Discuss Shower problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

There are 6 pages of advice to this thread from various professional tilers who are members of our community. They have taken on board your points and given their best in a bid to give you a good all round solution based on your circumstances. It is your choice as to whether you take up any of the advice given in order to resolve your situation.

If you cannot afford a refit, and you believe the original tiler who fixed the tiles 5 years ago did so incorrectly, your best way forward now is to seek legal advice to see whether you have any recourse in this situation to allow you to sue him for the damage caused. Now legal advice could cost you a few hundred pounds, and completely re-fitting your bathroom could cost the same.

there is no quick fix to this problem if you want it fixed properly.

D

dscoll

GirlRaceRed. There may be 6 pages of advice but as far as I can see there are only 3 suggestions, legal action, remove the adhesive with a grinder or a refit. I am not taking legal action as that could cost a fortune and I cannot afford a refit. The grinder solution is a last option as it's diffecult and dangerous. I don't want to use PVA but if there are no better alternatives I will have to give it a go.
There are 6 pages of advice to this thread from various professional tilers who are members of our community. They have taken on board your points and given their best in a bid to give you a good all round solution based on your circumstances. It is your choice as to whether you take up any of the advice given in order to resolve your situation.

If you cannot afford a refit, and you believe the original tiler who fixed the tiles 5 years ago did so incorrectly, your best way forward now is to seek legal advice to see whether you have any recourse in this situation to allow you to sue him for the damage caused. Now legal advice could cost you a few hundred pounds, and completely re-fitting your bathroom could cost the same.

there is no quick fix to this problem if you want it fixed properly.

D

Deleted member 9966

GirlRaceRed. There may be 6 pages of advice but as far as I can see there are only 3 suggestions, legal action, remove the adhesive with a grinder or a refit. I am not taking legal action as that could cost a fortune and I cannot afford a refit. The grinder solution is a last option as it's diffecult and dangerous. I don't want to use PVA but if there are no better alternatives I will have to give it a go.

You have received the best advice we are able to give on this matter. You are free to choose whatever method you want to rectify your problems.

I shall now close this thread.

Thank you everybody for your input and for dscoll supplying us with a challenging topic for discussion. I hope other people can take information away from this thread and use it if the circumstances require it.

Reply to Shower problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Shower problem
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.