UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Simple way to mitre a tile..................Mitre Wiz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mitre Wiz

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the comments so far...... been a few different opinions and questions so i will try and answer them for you.
We intend to price the mitre wiz well enough so that both diy and tilers will want and afford to give it a go. Having 1 made for diyers and a separate commercial 1 for a tiler is an option. However the material that we are currently looking at to make it with (30% glass filled plastic) should last even the tiler years of use. I realise that some tilers prefer trim over mitres as it protects the edges and some feel it leave it looking professional and mitres can be difficult and time consuming. We have designed the mitre wiz with that in mind so it leaves enough biscuit of the tile to make the joint strong and professional (2mm) that only takes approx secs to cut. I am confident that once it comes to market even the most objective tilers to mitres will be impressed enough to have one in their tool box. (with time) Have even tested it with people that have never picked up a grinder and have got it right the first time. Talking to a lot of people on this topic mitre or trim one of the main probs with trim is it dates a long time befor the tiling. As far as scratching the glazed surface it hasnt been a problem as the majority of dust and grit is blown downwards by the grinder. Mitre or trim is a common argument by tilers and both have a place in the profession. Not trying to compete or replace trim just trying to make mitring much easier, safer and ultimately faster so that it will be a simpler option for those that dont have a wet saw or cant do it by eye with a grinder. I ask those that prefer trim have you needed to mitre at some stage over the last 12 months? If you knew mitring was a simpleand much faster task that left the your job with a strong professional edge that cost no extra (trim costs) would you consider going back to mitring? Thanks for your time app it.......
Troy MD Mitre Wiz

Reply to Simple way to mitre a tile..................Mitre Wiz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.