Discuss Small waste trap/cover in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Have a job coming up which used to be a utility area. This area has 2 waste/drains. One from the kitchen waste and the other from the bathroom sink/bath.

The customer wants them tiled over, but obviously needs the access. Tiled the recessed manhole covers before, but never seen small drain covers??

Other than knocking something up myself, I cannot remember even seeing small covers myself??

Any ideas?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I did the same in my house I turned my utility room into an office......I just cut some thick pieces of wood to use as a bung....wedged it in leaving about half inch gap from the top.....silicone round it to seal it and put some adesive on to before tiling over it....don't get any poo smells...However its more of a permanent fix than an accessible one..

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Both of these drains go to the main man hole access point.
Drain 1 is form kitchen......sink & dishwasher
drain 2 is from bathroom....sink/bath, but also has a gutter downpipe in it. That is being boxed in/insulated to hide rain water noise......hence she doesn't want to be constantly busting for a pee. :)

These 2 drains are less than 5' from the man hole, which SHOULD be ok to tile over........but Sod's law??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Small waste trap/cover in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am due to tile our Kitchen floor at the weekend, we went all out for the Black Star light...
Replies
Views
T14086
T
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
R
Hi all New member here! Currently trying to finish off the bathroom part of a full house...
2 3
Replies
Views
Ricky D
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB