Discuss Snow to hit UK next week! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I will pass it on, thanks, but Howard is pretty savvy with stuff like that usually, used to have his own shower business, installing them etc, it just ain't happening as it should as yet, I think the powerflush may be the answer. That Persimmon installed microbore system is a pain, and just badly thought out all together, the thermostat is by the front door, would you believe, and the individual radiators don't have their own thermostats, but we really can't afford to get a new system right now..

U

user123

When we were in school, this is the kind of stuff they taught us about the UK in Geography class:

British Climate

At the time, I lived in Michigan and I thought when I get older, I want to move to England and not be around any snow. What's going on over there? :lol:

Jay, any room for me in Taz?

Perfectly accurate description, Rob, in any other country outside the UK the amount of snow we get would be described as mild, or sugaring, or wintery showers, in the UK if it goes beyond 1" it's a cause for health and safety and traffic warnings... really,... :lol: otherwise skiing would be possible on an ongoing basis... that's only happening in parts of Scotland...... oh-oh, I am so going to be in trouble for this... :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

To my British friends: Be careful about wishing for more snow, fun or not!:smilewinkgrin:

The allure of a lot of snow wears off quickly!:smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

• From Robby's window.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 25
U

user123

To my British friends: Be careful about wishing for more snow, fun or not!:smilewinkgrin:

The allure of a lot of snow wears off quickly!:smilewinkgrin:

Oh, I don't think you have to tell many here, most English hate snow with a vengeance, the snow lovers are in the minority. And it is really not down to the individual, but due to the fact that traffic really stops here, not enough organisation as to salt and sand on the roads even with minor snowfalls, and the press goes ballistic with horror stories, so it's not a fun occasion as it would be in Germany, Austria or Switzerland for example whpo are used to turning snow into a holiday attraction, different mindset all together.

R

Rob Z

G, when I was a kid and lived in Kansas and Michigan, we got so much snow that we could build igloos and ramps and snow forts and all the other stuff that makes it fun. But now as an adult,no way do I enjoy it anymore other than staying in the house and watching it fall. It's really a hassle with work, and Virginia isn't nearly as organized and well-funded with equipment as the northern states.

If I never saw snow again it would be OK for me. :)

Reply to Snow to hit UK next week! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
M
Hi Everyone! :welcome2: Bringing to you updates about Mapei and our products, starting with...
Replies
Views
Mapei UK
M
J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
D
"Made In China"... ? That may have been true for most products a few years ago but nowadays...
Replies
Views
faithhealer
F
D
Imaginge: You have a product that a company could sell. And: You want their buyers to take...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Snow to hit UK next week!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.