Discuss snowed off again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Saltire69

Liz,job is about 6 miles away and no chance of walking in the snow up here as its been on for just over 2 hours.Snow has brought Glasgow to a standstill,caught everyone unawares.Its doing my head in now.

They knew it was going to snow today m8. Well the weather forecasters did anyway. I'm in the same boat as you, got about 6" of snow in the last couple off hours and no sign off it letting up. That with the 2ft we had last week it's a nightmare. Took me 40mins to drive a couple off miles this morning. Cars stuck everywhere. Gave up.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It's crazy really, the other day I realised that the councils grit bus routes first (and normally only bus routes) and it struck me that these people aren't usually the type of people that need to go to work and keep the country running, they're OAP's, Students and single mums with 20 kids. I think they should grit the commuting roads and not bus routes.

Just thought I'd say. :lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

It's crazy really, the other day I realised that the councils grit bus routes first (and normally only bus routes) and it struck me that these people aren't usually the type of people that need to go to work and keep the country running, they're OAP's, Students and single mums with 20 kids. I think they should grit the commuting roads and not bus routes.

Just thought I'd say. :lol:

So Dan, the trick is to live along a bus route :smilewinkgrin: or opposite a newly built firestation :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah - but also the tilers customers roads need doing as well. :) So they need to live on bus routes or by fire stations. :thumbsup:

My lady's works have had a ton of grit delivered and they're going to keep topping it up. They've told staff they can have a bag or two for their road/path/garden to try and help them all get into work.

IMO they need snow ploughs to shift it all and not just gritters. We're waaaaay behind the times when it comes to handling snow and every year it's the same mad rush trying to get the roads cleaned. 'They' said it's too unpredictable every year in the UK to handle perfectly. But that's rubbish as you can guarantee every year we're not prepared at all, so we need to get prepared in August and really get ready for sudden cold snaps.

S

Stewart

What a crazy day.......... serious snow here today, and had to use the van as it had all the tiles and addy in it for the job, but no probs with the winter tyres. Only one to turn up, which let me get on a treat.
A few pick of the day.
IMG_1015.jpg IMG_1018.jpg IMG_0995.jpg IMG_0991.jpg IMG_1006.jpg IMG_1011.jpg IMG_1016.jpg IMG_1001.jpg IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1009.jpg IMG_1013.jpg

Reply to snowed off again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Went to start a balcony today the tiles are Porcelain 600 x 300 ,The customer got the tiles from...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
G
So i am starting a gyvlon floor today but the hygrometer says 85%. I tell the client that it is...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
C
Will try to keep this as short as possible.... Had a very heated discussion with a customer the...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
M
Recently Ive had to go work for a building company to ensure I was actually getting money...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
hi all,just thought i would share this if you send your estimates via email it seems hotmail...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
snowed off again
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.