Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

looks nice mate but why didn't you follow your walls through the floor, and canter the panel to the centre of the tray I presume there's a cubical going up

Q

Qwerty

looks nice mate but why didn't you follow your walls through the floor, and canter the panel to the centre of the tray I presume there's a cubical going up

Walls are portrait & do line up with the floor tiles (only on the end wall of course). This does of course vary slightly at the edge of the room as 2mm grout joint on walls & 3mm on floor. Everything was the customers exact choice mate.....had the below plans to work to. I would have put them on the ceiling if he told me & paid me to!!!!
The only change he made as I was fixing was the layout of the bond of the tiles to the right of the mosaic.

image.png
image.png
image.png

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
mmmmm.......I wonder Geoff. Maybe its because I started life as a structural and mechanical engineer and I can smell them a mile off :rolleyes:

J

Just Rizzle

the only plan I have ever done tile for tile is the one on my aviator as each tile was only correct in that position as it was a 5 x7 mtr ellipse. engineers do my head was he checking with his micromiter .

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hate it when some one gives me plans to work to I all ways ask them how long have they been tiling.

I did a job for a graphic designer and he had laid out the plans exactly the same tile for tile, but he wasn't that smart, he forgot the grout joints and had the window slightly out of position which in turn threw everything out, so I taught him a lesson and told him to go and buy 2 more boxes of tiles as he'd bought the exact number of tiles required

W

White Room

I done a subway with a pattern to follow, about 11 colours involved...someone got paid a nice sum for that.

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen