Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Would there be any heat benefit from that size mat

I tell a lie it’s actually a 1.5m mat I’ve just remembered. It’s n a small porch, it’s 200w mat, I can’t see it warming the room but it might take the chill off Slightly. Could have done with a bigger mat really, but that’s electricians measurements for you. 26884841-70A7-4CC1-8225-D2E5464EEF8E.jpeg

G

GoneGuy

Started a nice job Monday, local etc but the customer I’m not sure if she is all there as she keeps adding to the work scope, today she bought pattern border tiles ( 100x10) 50p each and said can you do anything with these ( all chipped etc ) I just looked at her funny when she said maybe a row of white ( 450x250 ) these border, row black ( haven’t even seen or know about them) then a row of border and have the grout different colours as well.

267234B0-0A43-4CB5-A8F2-DEE6754320DF.png

W

WetSaw

Poor dog still not good despite 2 blood transfusions and 3 different antibiotics at the same time, her white blood cell count is through the roof. She spent the night before last in the hospital and is all day everyday at the vets having IV antibiotics. There's a dog on standby if she needs another transfusion.
The Council have been discussing the Wild Boar problem and it seems a cull may be in order.

20171027_092202.jpg

G

GoneGuy

Poor dog still not good despite 2 blood transfusions and 3 different antibiotics at the same time, her white blood cell count is through the roof. She spent the night before last in the hospital and is all day everyday at the vets having IV antibiotics. There's a dog on standby if she needs another transfusion.
The Council have been discussing the Wild Boar problem and it seems a cull may be in order.

View attachment 94503
Hope she pulls through mate

B

Blunt Tool

Well that was a strange day, into CTD this morning picked up 20 6mm Jackoboard insulation boards for 2 wetroom plaster walls. When I got to job and opened back doors of van smelt like rotten eggs and couldn’t think what it was. Then after I had taken boards in customer asked if I had opened the waste pipe as awful smell. Struck me to smell boards and they were stinking like rotten eggs. Customer wasn’t happy to have them installed in case smell never went away so back to CTD with them to exchange. As CTD got more we checked all of the pallet and they all smelled like rotten eggs so they opened up a brand new pallet and they were fine! Wonder if smell was a fire retardant coating that didn’t dry or if there is sulphur through manufacturing?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement