Discuss So what do you reckon..he seems to know what hes on about..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

......All this in 3.5 days ? should i quote based on what he expects ?

Removal

Remove Existing Basin, Toilet and Bath (To be reused but not taps)
Remove Existing Shower Enclosure, Tray (To be disposed)
Remove Electric Shower (To be Reused)
Remove Towel Rail (To be Resused)
Remove existing tiling (currently only around shower, top of bath and top of basin)
Remove Skirting Board (To be disposed)

Tiling
20m2 of wall tiling (tiles to be provided but not adhesive & Grout etc)
5m2 of Floor tiling (tile to be provided but not adhesive & Grout etc)
Floor needs to be sorted as previous fitter tiled straight onto of floor boards and some have come up. Believe it should be boarded and some flexible adhesive put down)

Plumbing
All plumbing is in the right places for refit but would like existing checking and removal of current plastic push joints as I have had a few fail.
Re fit
Fit Original Basin (New Tap Supplied)
Fit Original Toilet
Fit Original Bath (New Tap Supplied)
Fit New Shower Tray, Enclosure & Waste (All supplied)
Fit Towel Radiator
Probably fit a mirror and possibly a cabinet or shelf (Will be supplied)

The majority of this job is labour and tiling as I will supply all main parts apart from the consumables such as the things for the floor, grout adhesive, plumbing joints etc I would estimate a day for removal and make good, 1.5 days for tiling and a day for refit suite.

- - - Updated - - -

heres another....what you reckon !

I have never tried tiling before although have done a bit of plumbing and started fitting our downstairs bathroom which consists of a walk-in shower (new walls and tray in and fitted), a toilet (plumbing sorted just needs fitting) and small sink (fitted). I have tiled the floor and not quite half the walls. The trouble is I'm working long, long hours and just don't have the time to finish it in the evenings and its dragging on now. I really need someone to finish the project for me so i can concentrate on other things that need doing as we are looking to possibly move on. All materials are ready for use so it would just be labour required.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I used to schedule that way and to be fair it is probably possible to do all those things in 3.5days provided between day 1and day 2 there are three days and between day 2 and day 3 there are another three days.... Then you should be fine...

Nowadays I allow contingency days for when stuff goes horribly wrong....

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I wouldn't expect that to be done in 3.5 days as a customer if it was me. I reckon you would be closer to 5-6 days and that's assuming when you remove the tiles the walls and floor need minimal prep work.

If he's expecting it to be done in 3.5 days he probably wants to pay you 3.5 days pay and at say £150 a day that's £525. Alternatively, he pays you for the labour on a metre rate and then labour for refitting all plumbing that could be nearer £800, but if you quote £800 for 3.5 days there's no way he'll pay that. So you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. I fit was me I'd go with the 2nd option and price yourself out of it. Also if it's your 1st tiling job there's no way you'll do 25 metres fixed and grouted in 1.5 days as you are saying.

But good luck.

I

ian158

Not a cat in hells chance! As one trade finishes there isn't another trade waiting at the door to go in, I think he needs that explaining to him. No mention of paint removal from the existing non tiled walls either

I do all the work myself...but suffice to say i'm not even going to quote...i've been there done that...it will be a pain from the start...i always allow minimum 5 days to do a small bathroom and he has already shown his colours in his budget....re-use and the days allowed..50 miles round trip to assess.thats £10 in diesel down the drain.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to So what do you reckon..he seems to know what hes on about..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. I'm replacing the toilet hand basin...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB