UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Stains on white limestone floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Thanks for all the replies.
I think between us all we've worked out a plan now then.
Get a re-finishing company in to look at the stone and see if there is anything they can do by removing the sealer,cleaning or re-honing the stone. And then its a case of fingers crossed the staining isn't too deep!
As I said, I'm 99% sure it won't be kicked back to me. Client and contractor have both agreed I left it finished and complete to the best I could. I know its stupid in todays world, but if the client is happy and signs it off/pays then I'm happy to take them at their word. I do think the sign off sheets are a good idea tho. Am going to look into getting some of them done for sure! (just incase)
Jonny is it OK to still give you a call? Bout 10.30/11 OK?

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i would a make a poltis to see if this would work. get a cotainer add water and bleach 50 50. add washing powder mix untill mily now add casting plaster mix untill paste now spread on tile leave to dry then clean off. the bleach and water washing powder should soak in to the tile. then as the casting plaster drys the heat will draw the staining out .this works 60% of the time depending on the stain worth a try.wash floor plenty of clean water.

Just thought I'd update you all . . . I have no idea how it ended up!

I passed on the recommendations and ideas you all posted and left the client and the site foreman with it. I didn't wana get involved in either helping to fix the problem or ripping up and replacing. I know it sounds abit bad but when I left it was a complete job and a very happy client. I just didn't wana get involved in all the bad feeling and arguing that was bound to take place. Been there and done that before - nightmare!! I'd rather be remembered for doing a good job and leaving rather than part of the misery and extra expense that was going to happen.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Stains on white limestone floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.