Discuss stone cladding in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Here I have started big project: 5 bathrooms and 200 sq.m floors. Possibly vanity tops, stone in the garden. Most stone, crema marfil and light emperador. Some slabs in bathrooms are 1500x1300x20. Finished templates of two bathroom floors today. Will send to stone company , to cut. It's good fun, until you have to fit it to the wall. Will be posting how we progress.

DSC_1427.jpg DSC_1428.jpg DSC_1429.jpg DSC_1430.jpg

J

jonnyc

:lol: yehhhh that is cool, apart from , you lift heavy stone :lol:. Will be posting about this project , for next few months. I hope membersd like jonnyc will comment. Hope will get some advice as well :thumbsup:
tony , both these projects in pools and used glacier stone supplied from stoneage .
one real problem apart from the fact that i was asked to start full stone off the bottom and then glass company came round fitted glass central so out of balance!!!
but the other was that even though using a tight joint and mixing colour combinations of grout, this till shows up really badly when you look at feature wall from distance.
i used stainstop in a bottle and sprayed tiles and joints double but you still see that definition.
we used a cake icing piper and then adapted to just gun the grout in to joint without any overspill but still dissapointed with end result after so much effort.
i think in retrospect on both walls being only features we should have not grouted at all.
incidentally we mechanically fixed exactly same way as you showed except we had two fixings top and bottom.
you dont need fandango fixings unless you are being worried about being sued!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6391.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6397.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6399.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 68
  • HORE011.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 73
  • HORE006.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 65
  • HORE012.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to stone cladding in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
i am in the process of planning my wife's dream bathroom and using it as a look what the f I can...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
Dear Tilers, I'm desperate for some advice from someone who may have made the same mistake I...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Laticrete International is set to return to the UK Tile Adhesive market after nearly fifteen...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB