UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss substrate question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

its only part of a much larger floor area about 250m inside the ground floor which follows through to a terrace of about 75m with steps down to the garden, there are marble skirtings and architraves to be fitted everywhere and marble door thresholds to the entrance floor ,there is a full marble staircase from the basement to the loft ,8 bathrooms , 2 kitchens,utility room, a laundry room, swimming pool and gym,a 250m polished porcelain 60x60 floor in the basement, i am finishing the job next week. i will take a video tour around and post it when i am done :thumbsup:

That looks a great job must have taken some time the only question i have is that some people will say that using EML reinforcing in the morter bed above UFH can cause it to expand and contract at a differnt rate than the bed causing movement problems, ime not sure that wet UFH systems get hot enough to do this but i have heard these concerns raised before, anyone got any thoughts on it .
Lucius

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to substrate question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, after some advice way in advance. We are currently extending arvoss Backnof our house...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All I have been to see a job last week,90m2 ground floor kitchen/conservatory. It will...
Replies
Views
On one
O
D
I've been quoted for 2 different methods of fitting an UFH system by the electrician. Both will...
Replies
Views
doddsie
D
S
Hi All, I have some 600x600mm Marble tiles to lay over an underfloor heating system and would...
Replies
Views
swampie
S
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.