Discuss Superior tile cutters a pang of nostalgia in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

I found my dads old Superior tile cutter in his shed last week and was looking to restore it to its former glory but its was past its best. Basic cutter but only really good for splashies and small ceramics now. Max tile is about 250mm. No sprung loaded bed just a rubber mat each side to allow the tile to break.

I remember my dad teaching me how to use it in the summer of 86 on site. No porcelain or stone back then, the most extragavagant thing then was hand made 4x4's. It was all Cristal self spacing 6x6's on site and some hideous colours that we have all now had the fun of removing.

Was a bit of trip down memory lane finding that old cutter and a pair of tile nippers. In fact the nippers i have now are only about 12mm wide, my dad ground them down for getting into awkward cuts. Its the only pair i have ever had!

Anyone else used that make of cutter?

T

Time's Ran Out

Superior Tile cutter! - never heard of it:lol:

But I'am down that nostalga route with you.

I've still got a pair of nail pinchers that I bought from a pawn shop in Boscombe which were used for Tile nippers (normally on quarries after back edging them). And do you know they are still as useless as they were 39 years ago.

Got to buy a new angle grinder today (pension day) as the old one packed in yesterday and only had it 10years. But what would we do to get into those 'L' shaped corners.

Is it like this one Scott??

tilecutter00_small.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Superior tile cutters a pang of nostalgia in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Man gets fined for traveling from Sheffield to Stoke to buy tile adhesive. Note that you can...
Replies
Views
S
Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
S
Hi there. I only do couple of bathrooms a year, but now I have more and more tiling to do...
Replies
Views
You can find DNA blades for Tile Cutters at a very reasonable price from ************** 180mm...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Superior tile cutters a pang of nostalgia
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond