UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss TF badges? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Trusted Advisors are people who have provided a lot of advice on the forum, and on a regular basis. It's manually selected by Admins and Mods.

Established Tiler is somebody that we know is more than time served and well deserves the tag. You can give Dave or I a nudge on that one with your business details and if we can verify it you'd more than likely get it. Tilers only though too in most cases. Though there are no hard fast rules on this one.

L

lukeb

Phew! Good job, wouldn't want anyone else noticing it and trying to help. I apologise for any inconvinience i may of caused you.

No need to apologise, all my comments are for good fun purpose only so -no hard feelings:8:.But you are right information is not very clear so might consider updating.()

The only inconvenience you might have caused :lol: it`s that I`m still typing instead going to bed as need to leave 5.00 tomorrow.
Hope you didnt take my first comment (attention to detail) to seriously as had no intention to upset anyone on this forum.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Established Tiler is my favourite stripe, when I won JOTM we were wondering how we were gonna squeeze it in to my avatar thingy (as i think I was only one to get 5 stripes at the time) removing Established Tiler badge was mentioned and I nearly spat the dummy:lol:...nooooo, remove my Trusted Advisor if needs must, but I want my Established Tiler to stay:thumbsup:

Your work and your forum stats speak for themselves Doug.

I

Ian

Established Tiler is my favourite stripe, when I won JOTM we were wondering how we were gonna squeeze it in to my avatar thingy (as i think I was only one to get 5 stripes at the time) removing Established Tiler badge was mentioned and I nearly spat the dummy:lol:...nooooo, remove my Trusted Advisor if needs must, but I want my Established Tiler to stay:thumbsup:

Show off :lol:

A

Alan M

i like the badge system. i wish some of the other forums would do that. it helps show who is trusted and genuine. althow the mods have to be trust worthy for that to work properly.
im not sur eif there is a need for the moderator badge as having the name change colour does that. the arms member one shows who is a tiler and not a once off user etc.
the trusted advisor and established tiler put weight behind the advice. if someone (badgeless) was contradicting a badged member id believe the badged member more easily.
the jotm and joty badges are showing off but if i was that good id want to show off to. it does show that you are at the top of the pile and do great work

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

I would say that if nothin else it gives new comers to the forum looking for advise can see that there are people on here that have a proven wealth of knowledge. A bit like people using rated people for example.

Only the TF badges have a lot more credability!

well that is one good reason ,but you could cover that with one badge, it looks like badge overload to me, and i have picked -up on slight arrogance with some of the guys with all the badges, when speaking to other without,but maybe i'am confusing it with confidence

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
well that is one good reason ,but you could cover that with one badge, it looks like badge overload to me, and i have picked -up on slight arrogance with some of the guys with all the badges, when speaking to other without,but maybe i'am confusing it with confidence

I think you're looking at it all wrong fella.

I

Ian

i don't think he's got it all wrong. in my opinion there is good things about badges and not so good things :)

How do you mean? It's all down to how long you have been trading, how much advice you give, how good that advice is, winning a monthly/yearly competition and helping out on the forum. Please don't take this reply as being smug or arrogant, the badges really are that simple :thumbsup:

Reply to TF badges? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
C
Hi! I'm a bit of a silent member here. I'm fairly new to tiling, I'm a laborer and my boss...
Replies
Views
slicker55
S
O
So as our brand new look forum takes off, and we have members signing up thick and fast. (Not...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Okay so I thought I'd knock up a thread linking to the twitter accounts for all the tile...
Replies
Views
Dan172
D
Thought it might be a bit of fun (and maybe educational) for members to share a few stories of...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.