UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss TF badges? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Mike

:lol::lol::lol: Lithuanian Army, joined army in 1991 i was 17 photo made in 1994. don't worry mate, i'm not KGB

:lol: I knew that hat was far too big to be anything other than SOVIET! Ha. Must have been an interesting time to join though, 1991, right in the middle of the struggle for independence. Tell me, when Lituania gained independence from the Soviety Union, did you change the army uniform and specifically, start wearing smaller hats :prrr: :lol:

M

Mike Mike

yes Mike, uniform and hats have changed. i was 17 when joined (illegal, but faked ID made it as 18). yes it was sceary, almost got shot. We (Lithuania) were first to separate from soviets. It all started in 1989

It must have been an interesting, and scary time Tony. None of us here, or in the U.K. can really imagine being faced by the threat of the full Soviet military and have them in the country. Russians have always struck me as very hard people, hard in the heart, as well as physically. I certainly wouldn't want to go to war with them.... :yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to TF badges? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
C
Hi! I'm a bit of a silent member here. I'm fairly new to tiling, I'm a laborer and my boss...
Replies
Views
slicker55
S
O
So as our brand new look forum takes off, and we have members signing up thick and fast. (Not...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Okay so I thought I'd knock up a thread linking to the twitter accounts for all the tile...
Replies
Views
Dan172
D
Thought it might be a bit of fun (and maybe educational) for members to share a few stories of...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.