Discuss The Mccanns in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bunnycd

The maccanns just popped up on the TV again, I think they are having a review or pushing for one again. Now the Met are examining the evidence which led to madeleines disappearance, perhaps they'll consider that leaving your children in an unlocked apartment whilst you are in a bar out of sight is rather an act of child neglect, regardless of having the social status of Doctors. Just wondering what you think of this, I suppose that not many parents can put their hands on their hearts and say they've never, ever, done a single thing that might have put their child at risk? Even spending half an hour in the garden with a baby asleep upstairs, popping next door for a few minutes, but leaving them sleeping while going for a meal is not good. This is not to say I have no sympathy with them - they've lost their daughter in one way or another, though since this happened, I have had a baby and thinking back about the case I cannot comprehend the utter stupidity of their actions and feel they have escaped any kind of real justice somehow. What do you think?

A

Aston

i just feel for the child. as a dad of 3 boys, one of which is only 3, i can imagine the living hell her mum must go through every single day.
she made the ultimate mistake and paid the ultimate price...we were on holiday in alcudia in 2004 and a norwegian couple used to leave their 2 year old in the room in the evening. these people were well educated too and it seems to be part of the the old 'early independance' conditioning nonsense that gets talked about.

i really feel for that child. i dont have anything to add but i just hope that the search can yield some hope because apparently, it only gets real press attention in the uk and portugal, so if people are made aware, then there could be some hope. apparently scotland yard are now being used to help with the search......

i dont think we should really start a debate on the parents. its happened and its tragic but the main thing is theres a chance that this little girl may be alive and may be reunited with her mum and dad...we all make mistakes as parents but i am sure madeleines parents would do anything to turn back the clock...

i have received emails to pass on and i try and send them to people i know abroad because thats were the attention is needed. lets hope for the best and hope something like this never happens to any of us...it only takes a second for a child to go out of your sight!!

ed

M

Mike

The place they were having the meal was very close to where the kids were but to lose a child like that must be devastating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it wasn't that close if i remember right. they couldn't see the entry door or hear if one of the kids were crying. they were abroad at the time! it's not bad doing it if you're in your own garden and the kids asleep upstairs

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
very interesting thread bunny,i agree with the above points yes they shoulf never have left her in the 1st place it was irresponsible but no one deserves to lose a child especially in that manner

the ones to blame are the abductors,a very strange case i must add just from my own point of veiw if i lost one of my kids i would be sent to amental hospital as it would ruin me,the only odd thing that i have never understood is that neither of them really looked devastated or imo even distressed but maybe they are just good at dealing with it who knows

i hope they get there wee girl back

U

user123

Is the right or wrong of the parents really an issue in any abduction? Children get abducted in all sorts of circumstances, fact is that all children everywhere should feel safe and protected wherever they are. Anyone who just goes and just helps themselves to a child without considering the horror of the child let alone of their parents, is purely evil to me, there is no excuse to do such a horrible horrible thing. Let's hope the little girl will be found again.

D

diamondtiling

The maccanns just popped up on the TV again, I think they are having a review or pushing for one again. Now the Met are examining the evidence which led to madeleines disappearance, perhaps they'll consider that leaving your children in an unlocked apartment whilst you are in a bar out of sight is rather an act of child neglect, regardless of having the social status of Doctors. Just wondering what you think of this, I suppose that not many parents can put their hands on their hearts and say they've never, ever, done a single thing that might have put their child at risk? Even spending half an hour in the garden with a baby asleep upstairs, popping next door for a few minutes, but leaving them sleeping while going for a meal is not good. This is not to say I have no sympathy with them - they've lost their daughter in one way or another, though since this happened, I have had a baby and thinking back about the case I cannot comprehend the utter stupidity of their actions and feel they have escaped any kind of real justice somehow. What do you think?

I think your thread is pathetic, you obviously read the sun or the mirror newspapers.

D

diamondtiling

Its not an insult Dave, its a statement. The McCanns have gone to hell over this, they are vilified over and over again but to say that they have popped up again is demeaning to their searce for Madelaine.
Gerry and Kate are relentless in the pursuit of their daughter, they get a lot of 'well they asked for it' or 'they left the door unlocked' we all make mistakes in life, these two parents may have made the utmost mistake but as far as Scotland yard are concerned the search is still on.

D

DHTiling

Its not an insult Dave, its a statement. The McCanns have gone to hell over this, they are vilified over and over again but to say that they have popped up again is demeaning to their searce for Madelaine.
Gerry and Kate are relentless in the pursuit of their daughter, they get a lot of 'well they asked for it' or 'they left the door unlocked' we all make mistakes in life, these two parents may have made the utmost mistake but as far as Scotland yard are concerned the search is still on.

Your post is an insult to the OP, simple as that.. follow the rules Dom.. be nice or do not post.. simple as that.. this is nothing to do with the mc'canns.. you insulted the Op of this thread.

Reply to The Mccanns in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hi guys Just a quick update on phil for you all. He's out of hospital now and in a new...
2 3
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
D
Got me thinking the other day whether its worth having all these modern methods of communication...
Replies
Views
E
A man is driving down the road and his car breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the...
Replies
Views
G
Don’t just take our word for it! Amazon Testimonials 5.0 out of 5 stars Best kneepads you will...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
M
Hi, I posted another thread a while ago on the problems I was having with my ceramic tiling in...
Replies
Views
MissH
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
The Mccanns
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.