Discuss The Mccanns in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

parenting involves a helluva lot more than watching over the kids 24/7, of course they are the prime concern, but just sometimes the parents need a "timeout", Jesus Christ when we were kids we were out playing from dawn till dusk and came home when we were hungry. Not a bad parenting issue imo, just some twisted physco that's napped a poor young lass.
you're going back a bit now doug :lol::lol:

M

Mike

maybe Mike, and I know that we are very lucky where we live, ie out in the sticks with fields to the front and more fields to the back, but the fact remains that parents can't be expected to keep their eyes on the kids all the time
we're fortunate to be in the same boat here doug, but i don't think anyone has blamed the mcanns for neglect in this thread. i personally wouldn't have left the kids in that situation (being abroad) when my kids were young on holiday we let them play till they fell asleep then put them in the buggy/pram. unfortunatley they've paid the ultimate price for their mistake. i hope one day she's found but that's looking more unlikely with every year passing.

U

user123

Well, that's just it! We think the world is getting worse, but it's not, we just hear everything. Crime against children and against women and amongst men and within families, it's always been there, just not all the information that goes with it, not long ago there ws a police report that statistically tghere are now less crimes against children than there were 50 years ago, we just didn't hear of them. And crimes and assaults withing the family were swept under the carpet... child labour, wash houses, and hanging adn beheading are largely gone in our society, we are more fearful now, that's what is changing our outlook. ....

D

doug boardley

walking over hot coals comes nowhere near what we'd do to keep our kids safe especially toddlers,(that are probs the most vulnerable), but I was watching my two yesterday trying to put one of the hens, (yep, they take the hens out for a walk in back field) down a rabbit hole! Priceless! \Where do you draw the line between letting kids out play and using their imagination or do you keep them within eyeshot and stifle them??

S

SandyFloor

At risk of rubbing a few up the wrong way I get a bit annoyed at the school run when the kids live easily within walking distance of the school. At a primary school I pass frequently I recognise parents I know that live a few minutes walk away and their kids are easily old enough to have ample road sense to navigate their way without being flattened by a vehicle. I've even mentioned it to parents and get the answer " you can't be too careful these days." I disagree.

Shortly after the McCann incident there was a discussion on the radio about a company that was advertising trackers for children. The transmitters would be injected under the skin and could be tracked online. A police statistician was on and mentioned the chance of an abduction was 60,000 to 1. The chance of a fatal car accident was considerably higher.

I was walked to school at 5 years old and I was on my own from then to do the twelve minute walk morning and afternoon as were nearly all the other kids. Mind you I broke my nose when I was six when I was walking with my cap over my face and walked into a lamppost.

C

charlie1

The balance of cotton wool and letting them just get on with it and learn from there own mistakes is determined by forces in media I believe, we are only human and react to what "we hear" going on around us, and "we hear" a lot more now than what we used to with the advent of the internet and all other media channels.

Who ever said "you cant be too careful" ...I 100% agree!!!

Sandy, the thought of micro chipping anyone is just scary and not right!

Its all very sad what happened to maddie, I just don't really think about it and take every action I can to make sure it wont happen to my 4 year old daughter, its just to warped to imagine the living hell you would be in if that ever happened, keep your wee ones safe every one but try let them stand on there own 2 wee feet while try give them enough space to do it!! hard balance!

Reply to The Mccanns in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hi guys Just a quick update on phil for you all. He's out of hospital now and in a new...
2 3
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
D
Got me thinking the other day whether its worth having all these modern methods of communication...
Replies
Views
E
A man is driving down the road and his car breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the...
Replies
Views
G
Don’t just take our word for it! Amazon Testimonials 5.0 out of 5 stars Best kneepads you will...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
M
Hi, I posted another thread a while ago on the problems I was having with my ceramic tiling in...
Replies
Views
MissH
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
The Mccanns
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.