Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

3000k a year hey dan, thats a full suspension mountain bike!!

this is too all smokers, so if i never write another thing on here, then just read this. if you are going to stop smoking, then change your whole idea towards your own health & lifestyle....eat better, lift some weights, go running, or swimming get your lungs/blood/brain demanding fresh oxygen, it will make the whole process easier..you will get addicted to excercise and healthy living in the same way as you get addicted to nicotine, salt, alchohol, sugar, dormant behaviour etc etc etc

the old think positive isnt quite enough, you need to act positve & eat positive too, that way, youve actually changed your old patterns making your brain more reseptive to the change....before you know it, your body will reject most of your old habits and your brain will link with the new ones and you wont have to ever use will power, the change will be natural & subconcious!

so if your are going to pack in smoking, then go the whole nine yards and change your attitude towards your whole life.
if you do only get one shot at this life, then make the most of it ;0)

if we are gonna do anything, then we might as well do it well hey and find ways to make the change fun and addictive in the right way :thumbsup:

hope i dont sound patronising is this post, i just wanna help because ive been there too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sound advice there mate!

I'm only had 3 ciggies so far today. Been trying to do other things instead when I want one. Seems to help a bit but only really delays me having one I suppose. Thought I'd give it a go haha.

D

diamondtiling

Great post Ed, really good stuff mate. Dan and all the rest that have stopped you will find that you make more money whilst you are saving as well. Smoking has always held my jobs up, all those 5 minute breaks (ten minutes plus in reality) cost money and seeing as I am self employed then it was costing me.
I think this is a great thread and well done to all of the people involved.

:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

I have found that too Dom

it used to be ill get this bit done and then stop for a smoke, now I just tickle through, its easier if your not stopping and starting

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My host recently part ex'd his DB9 for a Lambo Spider. 100k's worth.

So we're talking a good 30 years to get one of them. I might start smoking more so it equals 6k p/a, then it's only 15 years to wait for it :lol:

P

paul damian

only just seeing your post Dan, good luck mate with your quest, maybe one day i will grow a set and see the **** are doing me know good and pack them up. Best of luck dan.

P

Prem Tiler

You don't need my luck guys. You are stopping smoking guys, I have faith in you because its YOUR dession. Just sort it

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen