UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss This is why I like to do my own prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fliselege

Tøyen 2 007.jpg Tøyen 2 005.jpg
I know the bubbles out before you start but keeping it still while trying to take a pic with my saussage fingers was bound not to go well. This is what I was presented with by a muts nuts chippy (?) I'm no carpenter, but my Dad was and I know my way around a hammer and a box of nails, my 5 year old could have done this better. Packed it out with bits of tile off cuts and fixed it but wasted time and adhesive. Glad I usually do the carpentry myself as I know what I need to work on, it's all in the prep, try telling this word that would get me told off by the mods. Dead level at the bottom, 15mm out at the top. Oh well all in a days work, bloody shouldn't be though...

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I used some tilers 3mm string recently on a kitchen travertine job....just because I saw it while in Clas Ohlson. It was ok and I could see it working well on larger walls but this was a little fiddly around windows, sockets and kitchen units.

How heavy was the trav Neil? It is a bit fiddly at first must admit don't use string anymore tiles are to bloody big!! Its good for the wobbly edge kitchen tiles..
Once you get used to it though it's a good method ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Gazzer

Nice tiles, can't say the same for cupboard door colours (god I hope that's not your house now I've said that) worktops cool though, got the same in my kitchen here, Ikea, took ages to oil it
No mate not mine although I am planning my Ikea kitchen at the moment !

The guy that has this house bought most stuff off Ebay at stupidly cheap prices...I must say I was very dubious when I started the job about quality of tiles etc but it all came good in the end and client is chuffed...must say I am pleasantly surprised too.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
View attachment 44617 Does that help Ajax? As the tiles went up level, they started coming out into the room! And Andy, that's not my level mate, honest ;-) Didn't have mine so boss left that for me, he's not getting it back, it's getting binned.

Ah now I understand..... Actually the mrs spotted it straightaway......good job I screed and don't tile....I would pprobably sort that by running an angle grinder down the edge to cutling all off flush..... Oops!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to This is why I like to do my own prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
Job booked in for 50 m2 of porcelain plank effect due to start tommorow.Went down tile shop and...
Replies
Views
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all! Ive just joined and thought id pop in to say hello. Ive been a handyman builder most my...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.