Discuss tile clip pro in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ever get the day when you measure for a cut tile and it takes more than one try,or you have left your glasses at home and the room is dimly lit.Well help is at hand.
Tile clip pro is on its way with a patent pending but needs some feed back at this time.
If the following attachment goes right you can see what it is.
All the members of this board have my permission to make a home made version
to try it for them selves.I use perspex heated up and bent into shape.

• pdf.gif
    tileclip.pdf (83.6 KB)

Attachments

• tileclip.pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited by a moderator:
the hardy backer device appears over engineered and in the same vein as all the other attempts
to simplify the marking of tiles.This device I wager was not invented by a tiler.

Howether the tile clip pro is invented by ac working tiler and it comes in different sizes and thicknesses at the base so you can choose the sizo of the cut you want to make

I have just spent half an hour writing a long post and lost it all.1 more try
usuall methods of marking a tile to be cut is at best guess work.You press one end of a tile against the wall or skirting board or cupboard and mark that tile to whatever gap or space you need.
The tile clips have built in spacers that when slipped on the opposite side of the tile(top left corner then right hand corner)to be marked you no longer have to guess the cut.
1 2 3 cut 1 2 3 cut simples

S

Stef

I have just spent half an hour writing a long post and lost it all.1 more try
usuall methods of marking a tile to be cut is at best guess work.You press one end of a tile against the wall or skirting board or cupboard and mark that tile to whatever gap or space you need.
The tile clips have built in spacers that when slipped on the opposite side of the tile(top left corner then right hand corner)to be marked you no longer have to guess the cut.
1 2 3 cut 1 2 3 cut simples

There's no guess work when cutting a tile, if I'm using a 3mm spacer then I measure gap front & back that tiles to fit into & take 5mm of off the size,
3mm for spacer 2mm for expansion, simples.

S

Stef

Just had a look at the hardy backer tool,fess up has any one bought one.
whether you like it or not every one on this forum is going to get a free packet of clips,even if I have to hunt you down and slap a packet in your hands.

Tell you what Jim, send me a pack through & I will test them, I like to test stuff & then give an honest review on products.

Q

Qwerty

Just had a look at the hardy backer tool,fess up has any one bought one.
whether you like it or not every one on this forum is going to get a free packet of clips,even if I have to hunt you down and slap a packet in your hands.

I have one in the depths of my garage somewhere. Didn't buy it though....got given it as a bundle of other bits from a merchant. I never even tried using it tbh. Get Stef to give it a whirl [emoji106]

Reply to tile clip pro in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
W
I'm tiling kitchen walls with large format tiles, 600 X 200 ceramic with a middle 'border' row...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
W
First time I've seen these, local supplier has just got them in....anyone tried these. Leveling...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
T
Hi I know these questions have been asked time and time again but here goes ! I have a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB