Discuss tile clip pro in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Look forward to the vid , as the thread doesn't really show or explain your invention 100% and judging by the comments I'm surprised you bothered to reply at all . :smilewinkgrin:
Hi Dave
I retire in a few years taking with me nearly 39 yrs knowledge of the trade and worked in a few countries,all the apprentices I have trained up over the the years are no different than these lads.And thats what lads like to do,give the old boy a bit of lip

A

Alan M

there are always improvements in tools

are you using one of those rawl plug things you hear old people talk about, you know the thing you hit with a hammer:30:
im sure you have a drill for the job.

do you use a drill bit to make holes or one of those things for tapping out a hole

each to their own I suppose but I like to make life easier for my self

im not sure what the OP is selling but I will look at it when its ready. it might be the next must have

W

White Room

there are always improvements in tools

are you using one of those rawl plug things you hear old people talk about, you know the thing you hit with a hammer:30:
im sure you have a drill for the job.

do you use a drill bit to make holes or one of those things for tapping out a hole

each to their own I suppose but I like to make life easier for my self

im not sure what the OP is selling but I will look at it when its ready. it might be the next must have

That what I used to use with some fibre rawplugs...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I kind of see where mikes coming from.
I don't use lazers...lash clips....don't even have a wash boy...
Its not that im stuck in my ways its just I dont believe in buying tools just for the sake of it...
If I need a certain tool and im going to use it often then I would buy it...but I wouldn't spend £300 on a lazer to do domestic bathroom when a decent spirit level will do .
Ive tried wash boys but really can't get on with them so went back to a sponge.
Imo its all about the finished job not how many thousands of pounds of kit you have..:thumbsup:

Love my washboy , use it for pretty much everything, trick is to make sure you polish before it's dry. I always have 2 polishing rags , one for the first damp polish off then a dry one to finish.

As for the rest of my kit , as pointed out above , they are merely improvements on old technology designed to help one doing the job , but not a replacement of knowledge and skill.

The only electric cutter the guy had who taught me - ( for general use , he did own a large clipper for terrazzo )- was a small portable with a carborundum wheel . We had homemade set squares made from ply , string line , chalk lines etc etc. I never used to use pegs , always worked in chalked line boxes working away from the start point and spread the tiles to meet the edge of the box , you had to do this when using quarries .
Blimey , if it wasn't my turn for the cutter and I was doing quarries , it was out with the toffee hammer to cut L's or round soil pipes in the floor lol.

Diggy :smilewinkgrin:

Houston

TF
Arms
Well i,am always ready to see new stuff, so fair play to the guy !!, i doubt it will be any good for mosaic ! nothing ever gets invented for mosaic :) so we are still in the roman era :), i love the washboys great tools probable the best invention in tiling in the last 30 years ..........

love the washboys, first time we used them was on Aldi about 20years ago, use them walls & floors and epoxy grouting

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tile clip pro in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
W
I'm tiling kitchen walls with large format tiles, 600 X 200 ceramic with a middle 'border' row...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
W
First time I've seen these, local supplier has just got them in....anyone tried these. Leveling...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
T
Hi I know these questions have been asked time and time again but here goes ! I have a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB