Discuss Tile Crack - Advice Needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Ok thanks, do you have any idea how long I need to wait to be sure I'm safe from any side effects of not having done this? Also one more question - does this only need to be done when it is first installed, or would I need to do it after a period of non-use (I probably won't use it over the summer for example)

On the initial start up, adhesive needs about 2-3 weeks to cure properly...then a couple of degrees a day, running at temperature for about 3 days, then slowly bring it down per day to be sure.

O

Old Mod

Also one more question - does this only need to be done when it is first installed, or would I need to do it after a period of non-use (I probably won't use it over the summer for example)

To be safe, after any long period of time where the UFH hasn't been used you should turn the heating on over a period of a few days to prevent any kind of thermal shock.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Crack - Advice Needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB