Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Tile Giant in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aaron

Hi I currently run TG Hamilton, we make a point of making sure all regular tilers are getting a fair slice of the pie. We never hand out just one card, usually 3 or 4 so that the customer can shop around for the best deal.

As a general rule, if you never send any business in to the store you probably wont get any in return, we get so many guys in asking to leave cards, the easiest ones to remember are the ones we get customers bringing in with them. Remember, when your customer returns that leftover box of tiles you would be amazed how many of them are happy to spill the beans on what kind of job the tiler did, If its all good news then we like to push your card even more!!

Hope this helps give an insight into what its like at our side of the desk :)

T

tfs

Companies like tile giant have a reputation to uphold so, I imagine they would like to know that they are giving out cards of tradesmen who have made a good impression and have shown that they are experienced and competent.

a few ways to do this include;

Shop regulary at the store - They will see whether or not you use the best products for the job and how often you actualy tile.

Build some rappor with your supplier/ store - get to know the guys and project a possitive image and talk about jobs you have been working on.

Work with them - send customers into the store, you can then expect the same in return.

DONT MAKE THEM REGREAT HANDING OUT YOUR CARD - If you do a bad job or under deliver in anyway the customer is very likely to report this to the person that gave them your card

T

tfs

ive given em my cards twice now,last time at xmas with 2 bottles of wine ,never heard nothing...............

sorry to hear that mate.

pop in and ask if they have been busy, ask if they have been handing out your cards. If you are keen enough show them pics of previous work.

Many guys wouldnt go to the bother of this but if you want the work ask questions.

Just out of interest, how much are people paying for their flexible rapid white adhesive in TG? I really want to start using my local store just seems the pricing of mats is a little steep!!

Hi Goz and :welcome: to the forum :thumbsup:

You'll not get anyone posting prices on the forum unless in the Tilers Arms section:smilewinkgrin:

C

Curt 2444

I have recently opened my own tile shop.
The reason why is i have come from a retail tile shop (just gone bust,not while i was on watch lol) . This is my point and wot ive learned and seen,Trades give has much business to a tile shop if not more than the tile shop gives to them .you get jobs of the tile shop and we also get the sale of the addys. We get the tradys reccommending the shop to there customers for tiles sales and also addy sales win win ,
my motto in my tile shop is
sell the addys and tools at very low prices I WANT TO SELL TILES.More trades happy more tile sales in the shop .TRADES ARE VITAL TO THE SURVIVAL OF ANY SHOP, and alot of tile shops have forgotton this ,sorry to gone on but we have to remember it is a 2 way street not 1way street :thumbsup:

Reply to Tile Giant in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I know it wasn't all of them but it must have been all the ones that were working well that got...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to source some specific tiles from Marazzi, but it seems most UK dealers are just...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile Giant
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond