Discuss Tile Matching - Scored Brown Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pt44

Hi Chaps/Ladies

I'm working on repairing a wet-room floor for a client. As some moronic builder decided to install the base poorly - and it cracked. I've managed to take it all apart and fix that part of things. Now comes the re-tiling.

I thought - naively, that this was a common tile. It appears from speaking to various suppliers that it certainly isn't. The width of the tile is apparently unusual at 10inches, 26cm.

Can any one identify it? If I had any sense (sometimes I don't) I would have kept the waste tiles I took up - and looked for the maker. But of course - I didn't. There are still tiles on the wall - but they are against wedi-board and I'm not going to re-tile the walls as well as the floor.

Pics attached.

Paul photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 5.jpg

P

pt44

Not sure it's that simple. This is tiled on Wedi board - its a wetroom. Now from my experience, if you remove a tile from the wedi board, it will rip the board, therefore ruin the waterproof seal - i.e. it would no longer be a wet-room. Removing the floor has proven this. At the edge of the floor to wall I've managed to retain the wedi tape - so that I can re-tape onto that edge and create a seal. Removing a tile from the wall - how on earth would I then get behind the surrounding tiles to create a seal?

P

pt44

No - I didn't do the original tiling.
No - Customer didn't do it either. They bought a house done up by builders. So it was already there. Was probably done up a couple of years back.

Tiles in your garage - not easy to search, but brown scored brought up nothing.
British Ceramic Tile - interesting, they have something that looks similar, but is not it. There's has a score down the centre line and is only 25cm wide. However, it might make a close enough match, so thanks for that.

Any other ideas anyone?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Matching - Scored Brown Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tile Matching - Scored Brown Tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.