Discuss Tile orientation - 600 x 400 - which way to lay them ? (kitchen and bathroom) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

edwardk

Hi - I have a kitchen and a bathroom to tile.

I ended up with 600 x 400 tiles for the floors.

Is there a rule for orientation ?

In the kitchen I'll be coming in to it with units on the left hand side and a table/chairs on the right. There are french doors at the end but probably only open in summer.
tiling-orient-kitchen.jpg

Here is a rough plan of the bathroom. From the door, shower on the left, bath straight ahead.
tiling-orient-bathroom.jpg
Just trying to work out which orientation will look good.
From standing in the door do you run the length of the tile away from you or across you?

Thanks
Ed

G

Gazzer

A chalk line is what I use mostly...ok so some times I have more lines than Crewe station but easy to rub out.

Dont take those drawings as 100% accurate but it gives you some idea. You cant beat laying the tiles out before hand.

I actuall set that out so it had a centred tile down the length of the corridor and full tile from the wall on the left by the table. It may look better like the next pic as I have moved the full tile to the plinth on the right hand units.
Edward K kitchen 3.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile orientation - 600 x 400 - which way to lay them ? (kitchen and bathroom) in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
B
Evening all, My first post here so please be gentle with me!;) I'm redoing the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
B
D
This is a converted garage sized room. Two kitchen surfaces, each 3000mm long. And a Belfast...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB