Discuss Tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

or there's always these..

dentures2.jpg

C

charlie1

What bond are you doing Mark? I think 1mm is a bit tight, I would feel more comfortable with 2mm rectified edge might stand 1mm but then you have to think about expansion, cement based grouts allow for a little bit of movement not a lot granted.

I do remember when rectified edge tiles came in and people were talking about butt joints, where is the grout going? also expansion issues?:thumbsup:

Ye phill, it's going to be a rectified tile, eagle porcelain or porcelanosa porcelain. I just thought 1 mm would make it look sharper but it may all go wrong as tiles differ in size. Will stick with 2mm I think.... Cheers bud

It's good practice to remove them - 2 jobs a week x £4 x 52 weeks = £208 = holiday.

Or another way to look at it is 2 jobs a week ? half hour a job ( on the light side ) 1 x 52 = 52 hours, a working week !!!! or you could save £208 in spacers, I know what I'll carry on doing thank you very much lol

spacers v time = no brainer, and I used a half hour per job, that is probably closer to an hour, job dependant.

T

Time's Ran Out

Or another way to look at it is 2 jobs a week ? half hour a job ( on the light side ) 1 x 52 = 52 hours, a working week !!!! or you could save £208 in spacers, I know what I'll carry on doing thank you very much lol

spacers v time = no brainer, and I used a half hour per job, that is probably closer to an hour, job dependant.

There are always different views on how best to maximise a profit and I'd rather save money than leave it on a wall/floor. When I used to employ tilers I could have had a family holiday every year on the amount of spacers they left on the floor or put in the rubbish! For me the few minutes cleaning the tiles down and pulling out pegs is just the therapy I need and reminds me of my Dad - it's the pennies that make the pounds and money saved saves money earned.

C

charlie1

It's good practice to remove them - 2 jobs a week x £4 x 52 weeks = £208 = holiday.

... (-) the time to remove them, 2 x 30 mins = £20 quid per week x 52 ... £1000

obviously when using as pegs then they need to be removed. If using them inserted fully then Time to remove would be x5 but I really don't think anyone inserts fully then removes!!!

Reply to Tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Z
Hi , I am currently doing a large floor area up , 300 sqm approx. i have polished porcelain...
Replies
Views
S
We are having a constant battle with learners and employers of apprentices regarding leaving...
Replies
Views
Cera Nevada
C
Hi all, got a 70sqr mtr floor to do in tumbled limestone in sizes 1000mmx600 900x600 800x600...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB