Discuss TileGo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

united

Just found this invention to replace battens, I know a lot of you don't use battens and some like me use batten stands but thought I would get your thoughts on this.

I think it would be good if it was under £10 as that cost could be incorporated into a job.

TileGo Website

[video=youtube;EAMtBXU1Hh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMtBXU1Hh0&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;3vvHZyn3xv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vvHZyn3xv4&feature=related[/video]

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nah. I'm out too.

I can't imagine those sticky tabs sticking to much. The likes of the Rubi adjustable stand thing is interesting but it never took my fancy so the TileGo seems to be in that sort of category for me.

You can re-use any wooden batten, and I have to say I've never electrocuted myself and never read anybody on here doing it, or heard of anybody out there doing it. Though I know a few have hit pipes, there are simple cheap detectors that cover you back on that one.

The TileGo website needs updating a bit too IMO. His page tile is "Your Title Here, A4 Desk" so presumably he's used something called A4 desk to build his website.

It always pays to have a nice website, nothing too flashy, but at least completed and more informative.

D

doug boardley

I think that it's a great idea and one the DIY and 2 week tiler will find invaluable.
I only hope there is a full information sheet with weight allowances, starting positions and plenty of double sided tape.
He sold the pitch well and deserves to succeed IMHO.
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up as a sponsor to the Tilers Forum one day!

your right TJ, he probably won't, assuming the double negative was intentional

Reply to TileGo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
TileGo
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.