Discuss TileGo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

[/I][/B]
your right TJ, he probably won't, assuming the double negative was intentional

Double negative!! It wasn't meant to be Doug.
It's a DIY product in a similar vein to Cornertape, Lash clips, ready mixed adhesive and grout and if marketed properly will do well IMHO.
Some have found their way onto forums and others discussed as potential sponsors - so you never know what the owner will sway towards.
From the posts so far its obvious that the professional tiler will baulk at the idea, but from the pitch given he had his marketplace/end user well defined.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Double negative!! It wasn't meant to be Doug.
It's a DIY product in a similar vein to Cornertape, Lash clips, ready mixed adhesive and grout and if marketed properly will do well IMHO.
Some have found their way onto forums and others discussed as potential sponsors - so you never know what the owner will sway towards.
From the posts so far its obvious that the professional tiler will baulk at the idea, but from the pitch given he had his marketplace/end user well defined.

to put it politely, you're a cheeky git TJ. You don't know the half of what is required to be a tilersforums sponsor, and you should be very grateful that there are sponsors that pay for this place to exist so that people even like you have somewhere to spend a lot of their time. I've not met anybody so ungrateful for the forum for a long time. IMHO.

Only CornerTape is a sponsor out of the couple you mentioned, and although it is an ideal product for DIY, if you knew the facts you'd find many tradesmen are buying their gear, especially since the re-jigged their pricing structure. They're stocked in some pretty impressive outlets.

I couldn't say the same for TileGo.

You been on the drink again or something?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dan - perhaps you will PM me to explain how my posts on this item have caused this reaction.
No doubt my reply will disapear into cyber space at your whim and its obvious from your comments that my involvment in the forum is not welcome.
4000+ posts in 18months and I'am ungrateful!
Thanks for your kind words.
John.

John,

I explained in my post why I think you're ungrateful. I don't think a PM is needed to reiterate that. Knocking our sponsors is one thing, and you're entitled to do that, but knocking the way I manage who we have and for what reason isn't something you should be commenting on without expecting it to be noticed by me.

You, like many others, spend a lot of time on the forum, so we must be doing something right.

T

Time's Ran Out

Dan - In all the posts I've sent I have never been anything other than supportive of the sponsors.
How can you say that anything I've submitted in this thread is in any way knocking the sponsors or your choice of support.
I haven't sold any Rubi tools on here and chosen another brand, I haven't posted one negative comment about your adhesive sponsor or even given space to a manufacturer with another forum, I've commented with gratitude the set of drills I won for JOTM from 365 and been encouraging with all the training centres that are involved here.
In this instance I've given an alternative view to one expressed by experienced tilers and the fact that it received a 60,000 Euro investment then someone can see the potential. It is a product for the DIY market and if this can enhance the standard of tiling for the novice then its doing a job. The other products I highlighted ( one of which is a sponsor of Tilers Forum) are also DIY products and were used as examples as such.
There was no intention of 'knocking' and I'am afraid your comments are offensive and out of order. Had these been posted by a member you would have no doubt closed the account and not allowed a discussion to develop!
I do spend a lot of time on the forum as I'am interested in the Tiling trade that I've been involved in for a long period. I don't get every reply right and am 'grateful' to the moderators for keeping me in check. However you no doubt find my involvment unacceptable - having been removed from Elite status - and with your latest comments you will be eager to close my account. Thank you for your reply and as always Enjoy.
Timeless John.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
John,

Do I really need to quote you?

That's taking the mick out of the way I choose who foots the bill here. "You never know what the owner will sway towards"?

I only 'sway' towards those who excel in their individual areas of the tile industry, and it's always been known. We have enquiries from potential sponsors on a daily basis network-wide and hardly any of them get to be sponsors.

I'd already said in this thread that I don't think it's a good system and there are other systems out there such as the Rubi stands that aren't used either.

So why suggest it could end up on here as a sponsor?

Once again you're just dishing out unwanted digs which shows once again how ungrateful you are to be here. You spend hours here a day, there must be something in it for you John.

D

DHTiling

I haven't sold any Rubi tools on here and chosen another brand,

Lets scrape the barrel some more.. :lol: or have i got that wrong..?

Where is this going John.. Do we constantly have to have dig after dig and think no one will say anything back to you..

One thing you are right about is.. Any other member would have been removed yes.. Why do we continue to keep you here.. maybe because we value your input but just not the digs at the way the forums are run or who moderates your posts..

T

Time's Ran Out

Dave - I thank you for your support and honestly believe you are one of the best. I've enjoyed our chats and appreciated all your hard work in the interests of the tiling trade - its you that makes this forum.
I just don't think I'am cut out to listen to taxi drivers and human resource personnel giving advice on tiling matters.
There was nothing in my post that inferred anything that Dan suggests other than an opposite view to what others expressed.
I've had my posts removed and Private Messages read/deleted which I believe could infringe some moral standing and this discussion held in open forum by the owners consent.
So for my crimes against the Dan, anything I post is to be treated with contempt and no matter what defence I may purport to have, I'am sent to cyber space whence I came:lol:
I bid you farewell.
First the green side - then the dark side.
Timeless John has served his time and must now continue with his life having experienced the benefits of the best Tilers Forum on the web.
Thanks again to all those who have shown support - both past and present.
John.
PS - I hope that this message will not be misplaced but at the end of the day - I was only here for the tiling.

Reply to TileGo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
TileGo
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.