Discuss TileGo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dave - I thank you for your support and honestly believe you are one of the best. I've enjoyed our chats and appreciated all your hard work in the interests of the tiling trade - its you that makes this forum.
I just don't think I'am cut out to listen to taxi drivers and human resource personnel giving advice on tiling matters.
There was nothing in my post that inferred anything that Dan suggests other than an opposite view to what others expressed.
I've had my posts removed and Private Messages read/deleted which I believe could infringe some moral standing and this discussion held in open forum by the owners consent.
So for my crimes against the Dan, anything I post is to be treated with contempt and no matter what defence I may purport to have, I'am sent to cyber space whence I came:lol:
I bid you farewell.
First the green side - then the dark side.
Timeless John has served his time and must now continue with his life having experienced the benefits of the best Tilers Forum on the web.
Thanks again to all those who have shown support - both past and present.
John.
PS - I hope that this message will not be misplaced but at the end of the day - I was only here for the tiling.

Hmmmm.

Strange man you are mate.

D

DHTiling

So for my crimes against the Dan, anything I post is to be treated with contempt and no matter what defence I may purport to have, I'am sent to cyber space whence I came

Can i just add before we move on with this...
It was ME that removed your Elite status and not Dan.. So don't put the blame on Dan's door there please..

So once again thanks for your input but one makes his bed and one has to lie in it..:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

Dave - I thank you for your support and honestly believe you are one of the best. I've enjoyed our chats and appreciated all your hard work in the interests of the tiling trade - its you that makes this forum.
I just don't think I'am cut out to listen to taxi drivers and human resource personnel giving advice on tiling matters.
There was nothing in my post that inferred anything that Dan suggests other than an opposite view to what others expressed.
I've had my posts removed and Private Messages read/deleted which I believe could infringe some moral standing and this discussion held in open forum by the owners consent.
So for my crimes against the Dan, anything I post is to be treated with contempt and no matter what defence I may purport to have, I'am sent to cyber space whence I came:lol:
I bid you farewell.
Timeless John has served his time and must now continue with his life having experienced the benefits of the best Tilers Forum on the web.
Thanks again to all those who have shown support - both past and present.
John.
PS - I hope that this message will not be misplaced but at the end of the day - I was only here for the tiling.

John, have you got a problem with me sharing the knowledge I've picked up from this forum? Simply because I have a different full time profession, do you think I shouldn't be helping other people and offering advice to people who are asking for help about tiling?

Just in case you haven't noticed, I tend not to offer advice about complicated tiling jobs, I tend to work with the DIYer's who come on after using tubbed addy bought from DIY shops... precisely the place where I was when I first joined this forum. And if you read a lot of my recent posts, they simply ask questions. I'm not one to spend time telling people what they need to do, especially over the internet, because me and the other members who provide advice and info on here don't know all the intricacies of each situation.

The world has moved on John. People share knowledge via the World Wide Web now, not just being taught by a teacher.

K

Kalvin

I personaly like to decide where the tiles go and not the floor even if it is level one still need battens over windows and doors somtimes. I have had problems with battens on various surfaces, old lattice (good luck with that) period holmes. Tiling over old tiles nightmare but faster than taking them off. The TileGo thing could work I wonder how strong it is? He mentioned it was reusable, umm how many times. Could be helpfull in certain places, I would give it a go if it was at the right price and if it saves time. Could be good.

I love that program interesting to see the Irish version, good enough pitch, I bet they never got their hands dirty.

C

Cathal2

Hi Guys. I hope this finds you and yours well. I happened upon this forum this morning and I would like to say a few things, I am very conscious of the general ethos of this forum and I am not here to self promote but it is my professional reputation at stake here and and I feel I should put my penny in as I am that guy on The Irish Dragons Den.

All comments are taken on board and I was expecting a sceptical view on the product, from some pros I think I would have the same reaction myself, the proof of the pudding and all that.

I would like to put the record straight, I like most of you did my time, first year did not get far past the grouting and I have spent many a year with my head behind someonelses toilet. I never did not get payed and I never charged more for a job than I quoted unless they wanted more work done.

As we all know the desighn of a bathroom is an art many things need to taken into concidration and most times the customer will pick the tiles maybe with a few tips from you, but lets make no mistake you decide the layout.

They edited that show big time and that so calle rich bird has not a clue about tiling and needed to be put in her place which was not shown. The adhesive tabs I have used in *the development of the product are used in Aircraft assembily, which you could say is mission critical. Most if not all tile adhesive manufactures *recommend that all surfaces should be primed with at least a coat of PVA (Polyvinyl acetate) for a multitude of reasons. Our tabs have been spechally developed to create a very stong bond with such primers. *It is very very stong. I have when showing early prototypes when asked about its adheasion got a hand and picked up a large table and with only two tabs it held it no problem. There are 30 tabs on a six foot length, reusable up to 5-6 times and I hope to bring it in at about a tenner.

The prototype shown on the show was at a very early stage of development and we have done a lot of work on it since then and we are currently developing the professional range.

Kalvin is right I decide where the tiles go, I don’t even thrust *architects, I always check their plans, they get it wrong sometimes. Start laying them off the floor and you may end up with unsightly *eycatching cut around the focal point in the room.

It has been tested on use over wood, tiles, and plasterboard.

We hope to have our first batch in soon enough and I would be more than delighted to send some of you free samples all coments welcome. The DIY enthusats may be interested in this but it may be somthing to have in your artillery *to get in and out.

Sorry for the rambiling but this is the columunation of my lifes work and I always took pride in it. I spent long enough on my knees in the cold and damp, I earned the right to *defend my reputation. I would be delighted to sponcer the Forum going forward when and if we make dome money.*

The investment never went through for reasons I cant go into here but I will have product soon never the less, I know it works!

Ah and yes the web site is crap, developing it now ready for launch.*

Thank you for your time.

Cathal Leonard

D

DHTiling

Can i just ask.. Why do you recommend PVA.. and Adhesive manufactures do not recommend it as a primer..

Is it what you used to use as a primer ..?

Will these adhesive tabs stick to backer boards..i,e something like Hardi backer which is a slightly coarse and you do not prime it..?

You said in the video that you are a marble mason.. so you will know the plaster is no good to tile to with heavy stones, so we use sand cement render or backer boards.. so will this product stick to them back grounds..?

I still think at present this is a DIY product.. unless you can show me other wise..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Guys. I hope this finds you and yours well. I happened upon this forum this morning and I would like to say a few things, I am very conscious of the general ethos of this forum and I am not here to self promote but it is my professional reputation at stake here and and I feel I should put my penny in as I am that guy on The Irish Dragons Den.

All comments are taken on board and I was expecting a sceptical view on the product, from some pros I think I would have the same reaction myself, the proof of the pudding and all that.

I would like to put the record straight, I like most of you did my time, first year did not get far past the grouting and I have spent many a year with my head behind someonelses toilet. I never did not get payed and I never charged more for a job than I quoted unless they wanted more work done.

As we all know the desighn of a bathroom is an art many things need to taken into concidration and most times the customer will pick the tiles maybe with a few tips from you, but lets make no mistake you decide the layout.

They edited that show big time and that so calle rich bird has not a clue about tiling and needed to be put in her place which was not shown. The adhesive tabs I have used in *the development of the product are used in Aircraft assembily, which you could say is mission critical. Most if not all tile adhesive manufactures *recommend that all surfaces should be primed with at least a coat of PVA (Polyvinyl acetate) for a multitude of reasons. Our tabs have been spechally developed to create a very stong bond with such primers. *It is very very stong. I have when showing early prototypes when asked about its adheasion got a hand and picked up a large table and with only two tabs it held it no problem. There are 30 tabs on a six foot length, reusable up to 5-6 times and I hope to bring it in at about a tenner.

The prototype shown on the show was at a very early stage of development and we have done a lot of work on it since then and we are currently developing the professional range.

Kalvin is right I decide where the tiles go, I don’t even thrust *architects, I always check their plans, they get it wrong sometimes. Start laying them off the floor and you may end up with unsightly *eycatching cut around the focal point in the room.

We hope to have our first batch in soon enough and I would be more than delighted to send some of you free samples all coments welcome. The DIY enthusats may be interested in this but it may be somthing to have in your artillery *to get in and out.

Sorry for the rambiling but this is the columunation of my lifes work and I always took pride in it. I spent long enough on my knees in the cold and damp, I earned the right to *defend my reputation. I would be delighted to sponcer the Forum going forward when and if we make dome money.*

The investment never went through for reasons I cant go into here but I will have product soon never the less, I know it works!

Thank you for your time.

Cathal Leonard

Hey Cathal,

Well done for getting on the Den, we have a sponsor here who also got on. Though he didn't get investment in the end either. (I think many of the people they shake hands with are never seen again).

As you say proof is in the pudding. Perhaps you'd like to send a sample or two to our resident tester who can do a review of them? (Like THIS)

Our tool review guy is Sir Ramic.

Just a note, we'd never condone tiling from the floor up, or even the bath up in most cases. As you say, nothing is level.

I personally don't think there's a problem to be fixed here though. However, perhaps for the DIYers, there's something in it (not too sure they'd know how to set out to end up with a level line to start off from that actually fits the rest of the room well? - I can see them just sticking it anywhere and going for it).

U

united

Thank you for your time.

Cathal Leonard

Hello Cathal :welcome: to the forum

I'm glad you found this thread and took the time to comment :thumbsup:

Now where is my tip for promoting your product :lol::lol:

Good luck with the business, I hope it works out well for you

C

Cathalspot

Thank you for the words of encouragement Dan, nice one and I would only be delighted to send Sir Ramic (love the name) and yourself some samples tooling up at the mo and you can have a look.
Just for the record, I am not suggesting that this tool is a panacea. No more than I would recommend picking up the kids from school in a Boing 747, get a grip! You don’t need me to tell you when to use the right tool for the right job. It may be handy in some circumstances, for some people, sometimes.

The polymers in our adhesive tabs are very strong and work great in most everyday environments and this will be clearly laid out on the packaging.
By the way, the prototype in that video is very basic we have done a lot of work in developing the final product (see vid) and we are currently collaborating with the Dublin Institute of Technology in developing a professional version.

On a fairly flat surface (plaster, wood, over old tiles) you can set up one 6ft strip ready to go in about one minute, no nails, levels, saws, wooden battens, screws, screw gun, required. It can be cut with a small hacksaw and can be reused up to five times (with your average ceramic tile) to tile up to 30 linear foot of wall. This product can be delivered to the job with the rest of the materials. So you may not even need your van or car to carry all those extra tools and battens. Parking in the city centre can be expensive to say the least. Everything evolves and sometimes it gets better!
[video=youtube;kj8eIaS4IHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj8eIaS4IHc[/video]

Reply to TileGo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
TileGo
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.