Discuss Tiling Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
and for the records Ajax what would you have recomended before theese boards came out,and bye the way i have tiled on floorboards with sand and cement but that doesnt mean nothing i suppose ,but i would just like you to know i do know what i am talking about its just that some people wont listen

I haven't questioned whether or not you know what you are talking about ......your advice simply sits outside of that which would be offered by other people and outside of the nationally accepted standards. I, like most on here am perectly willing and happy to listen.... like you though, I wont be dictated to and will make my decisions based on what I think right ... In this instance my own decision would differ from the one you would make ... I guess the problem that creates for the original poster is that he gets conflicting advice which is the bane of my life as I deal with anhydrite screeds....

Right ok chaps i will leave this forum as there are to many people on here thinking they are right without any thought going into it there are also alot of people on here that have little or no idea that try to tell customers the right way to do things,im sorry but i have spent long enough on here ,i know there are some very good tilers on here also ,so i will try another forum which i think will be right for me to give out good advice without being ridiculed by people with little or no experience,i like a bit of banter ,but on here it seems like point scoring and seeing if you can get more posts on than the next person ,as for some on here i dont know when the tiles are actually fixed as so much time is spent on here,ill try and find a site where tilers are tilers not just talkers,i have mentioned no names on here so far but deanotile your pathetic comment has put the final nail in the coffin for me on this site i like a laugh and a joke but dont take the p... enough is enough i dont need to prove myself on here as some of you think you do

just like to say thanks to the nice guys on here and there are plenty of them out there giving good advice ,they tend to be time seved with a wealth of knowledge ,thanks all

- - - Updated - - -

just like to say thanks to the nice guys on here and there are plenty of them out there giving good advice ,they tend to be time seved with a wealth of knowledge ,thanks all

T

The D

Right ok chaps i will leave this forum as there are to many people on here thinking they are right without any thought going into it there are also alot of people on here that have little or no idea that try to tell customers the right way to do things,im sorry but i have spent long enough on here ,i know there are some very good tilers on here also ,so i will try another forum which i think will be right for me to give out good advice without being ridiculed by people with little or no experience,i like a bit of banter ,but on here it seems like point scoring and seeing if you can get more posts on than the next person ,as for some on here i dont know when the tiles are actually fixed as so much time is spent on here,ill try and find a site where tilers are tilers not just talkers,i have mentioned no names on here so far but deanotile your pathetic comment has put the final nail in the coffin for me on this site i like a laugh and a joke but dont take the p... enough is enough i dont need to prove myself on here as some of you think you do
sorry but my opinion is my opinion if you think you are so right instead of spitting your dummy out how about you educate me. Tell me the benefits of using 10mm ply apposed to the recommended 15mm ply and then explain to me the reason 10mm ply is more suitable to use than a “tile backer board”

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
yes ajax i did say that in a earlier post also that i am not out to argue with any one i agree with you everybody is entitled to a opinion

Phew!! I thought you wuz upset...

My analogy is wha I do a work. I am not a tiler as you possibly know. I sell anhydrite flooring screeds..... Yep it's me... But regardless of what I know the material is capable of and what I know you can do I only offer adivice which meets the technical guidelines of. Company and that in the British standards. All of. Colleagues do the same. That way we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and mosty nothing goes wrong. It is my opinion that good quality forum offering technical "expert" advice ought to do the same and discussions or debates about the rights or wrongs of the standards should be taken behind closed doors e.g. In the arms.

T

The D

yea im sorry that my opinon is my opinion also deanotile and with your wealth of knowledge in the tiling industry you dont need any help from me after all im still learning and you obviously know best so i dont want to contradict what you may tell the customer lol:lol:

Or is it just that there are no benefits to using 10mm ply as an over board other than it is cheep.

yes dave you came out with a comment simlar to that when i first joined this forum,it does not matter how long i have been doin this job for its whether and what i think is best, and i get and i have a very good track record i know what im talking about as far as im concerned also i get 99.9 % of the jobs i look at that tells me and should tell you and others on here something would you not say as i keep saying experience counts and i even at my old age as some think will stand up there rated as one of the better ones regardless of theese comments on here like i say i dont come on here to prove anything just to give advice if i can which i think is right and then as you say its up to the customer ,i can only advise,but some of the comments are to say the least pathetic

T

The D

You keep telling your self your right m8 but it dose not mean you are. Your advice is the only thing on this thread that is pathetic. You hurl insults around and make out like you are the only one in the world that knows any thing about the trade. You are talking rubbish and you know it. You do not have the courage of your convictions as you cant offer one good reason for using 10mm ply and that is because there is non.

Reply to Tiling Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB