Discuss tiling reference books in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Hi paul

I know this won't help your quest to find books by UK authors, but have you seen the two books by Michael Byrne? He has two very good books and dozens of articles from Fine Homebuilding, Journal of Light Construction, and other mags. While some of his writing is quite specific to trade practices and materials sold and used here in North America, you would find a wealth of info that is not specific to any market but instead is just good, solid trade skills that will benefit any tilesetter around the world.

When I started out in the tile trade, Michael Byrne's articles and books, and to a lesser extent the first of John Bridge's books, were my sole resource. The Tile Council of North America manual was another, but that was about it.

Michael has another book coming out soon, and it is supposed to be a blockbuster. I've talked to him about it on the phone, and from what he has told me it will be a very good book for the professional tile setter, regardless of country.

I think most of the guys here would do just fine in the US and Canada, once they had a few weeks experience to get acclimated to the different methods. And I think the same goes for some guys I know here, if they came to the UK to work.

A good tradesman is a good tradesman, regardless of where he is working.

Give Michael's books a try--I think you'll benefit from them.

Reply to tiling reference books in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
P
Actually found a very good book on ceramic and stone tiling the complete guide,, by a english...
Replies
Views
suave
S
L
Hello Everyone, My name is Liam I am 25 years old and live in Oxford. I am currently a plumbing...
Replies
Views
I
V
I'm about to order the slate for the kitchen/breakfast room, and need to know whether this is...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tiling reference books
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.