UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling screeded floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
There are a number off issues here. Firstly the heating should ALWAYS be comissioned and run prior to tiling. If you don't expect a failure.

"concrete mix 60mm deep".... I ake it ou mean sand cement screed. At 60mm this is not deep enough for the application. Sand ement on insulation should be a minimum of 65mm on insulation. That means that as the bit ver the pipe is the thinnest bit and taking the pipe as 15mm diameter then the overall depth of screed from the insulation to the top of the screed should be 80mm
. The British standard suggest a design depth of minimum 75mm with this type of screed. The overall success of this depends on several factors.

1. Mix design should be minimum 4parts sand to 1part cement
2. Should be fully compacted bu I is always difficult of near impossible to get dry screed under he pipes hence the extra depth requirement
3 should be properly curd by covering with a sheet of polythene for minimum 7 days from installation.

You sound like you are trying to rush this as your tiler is busy but really you will pay dearly if you do rush.

Due to the screed depth I would also opt for an uncoupling membrane as it is likely to crack in the medium to long term.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling screeded floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.