Discuss Tiling tips 2015 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Haha don't think so!
Funnily enough the first time I saw a 'Tiger Trowel' was at Ray tt's training day, didn't know they existed! Oooops!
Looked interesting tho, I believe Mark uses them a fair bit.
It has a unique seration, a proper solid bed trowel that I'm used to has a fairly small seration but has two large nibs, one either end, to keep the trowel off the floor effectively. So as u trowel it leaves a solid bed of adhesive behind with a seration on top.

Tiger Trowel
image.jpg

Solid bed trowel
image.jpg

Obviously lots of other trowels are classed as solid bed, but if I was being literal (not like me I know) :D
that's what would come to mind first!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Haha don't think so!
Funnily enough the first time I saw a 'Tiger Trowel' was at Ray tt's training day, didn't know they existed! Oooops!
Looked interesting tho, I believe Mark uses them a fair bit.
It has a unique seration, a proper solid bed trowel that I'm used to has a fairly small seration but has two large nibs, one either end, to keep the trowel off the floor effectively. So as u trowel it leaves a solid bed of adhesive behind with a seration on top.

Tiger Trowel
View attachment 74706

Solid bed trowel
View attachment 74707

Obviously lots of other trowels are classed as solid bed, but if I was being literal (not like me I know) :D
that's what would come to mind first!
solid bed trowel waste of adhesive and money the worst preforming trowel
tiger trowel more like a kitten ***** if you have loads of money to waste on adhesive you dont need this is the trowel for you
if any of you own one of the above put it under glass and have a look

O

Old Mod

solid bed trowel waste of adhesive and money the worst preforming trowel
tiger trowel more like a kitten ***** if you have loads of money to waste on adhesive you dont need this is the trowel for you
if any of you own one of the above put it under glass and have a look
Well I was just asked what the difference was Ray,
Never did I say I use them or even own them (which I don't)
Hope this helps! Hahaha

S

Spare Tool

To safely and accurately drill a hole through a tile I just drill a hole in a piece of 6mm MDF or Hardibacker first with whatever size bit I'm about to use.
Then place that on top of the tile (with the pre drilled hole over my intended hole in the tile), then fill the cavity with water, place one foot either side of the hole and usin the board as a template drill through!
Using this method the drill bit will not wander, which means u can also drill right up to the edge of a tile and it not break out!
I also find standing over the tile enables you to have total control of the drill and keep it perpendicular to the tile.
I always use my large variable speed SDS drill for drilling tiles, it has masses of grunt, the bits don't snag and it's a comfortable height to work with, rather than a combi let's say.
Simple but effective.
Used this today on a few holes, better than suction, water pump devices..all holes landed bang on centres ;)
WP_20151116_18_09_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20151116_18_09_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20151116_18_09_12_Pro.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling tips 2015 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB