Discuss Topps Kamber tiles advice pls in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

I have a 153m2 job coming up and have a price from Topps for their Chinese porcelain Kamber tiles @£6.72 each.
So, any anybody floor laid any great amounts of these?
Are they good and square enough for 2mm gaps?
Do they cut OK, my current saw is a Husky flat table with genuine blade, I'm not sure it's going to be big enough for 600 porcelain?

Kamber™ 60x60 Tile | Topps Tiles - http://www.**********.co.uk/tprod46947/kamber-60x60-tile.html

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Tiling in bays to keep the tiles straight and square....
20170202_102608.jpg
20170202_103112.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Not calling you a liar btw Andy !
When I did them they were so greasy and slippy you could barely walk on them. Once the transport wax was off I had my doubts they were pre sealed - water didn't bead as good as a decent sealed tile, sealed and buffed they came up a treat.

B

Blunt Tool

I’ve did 70 square metres of them last year, easy enough cut with Sigma manual and grinder with decent diamond blade on. I gave them 3mm joints and had no problem with size. But as @macten said they are covered in greasy transit wax and need a really good clean. After grouting I sealed them as they did not feel as tho they were presealed. Not a bad tile to work with tho. Only advice I would give is spend your time on the prep for a straight forward install.

I’ve did 70 square metres of them last year, easy enough cut with Sigma manual and grinder with decent diamond blade on. I gave them 3mm joints and had no problem with size. But as @macten said they are covered in greasy transit wax and need a really good clean. After grouting I sealed them as they did not feel as tho they were presealed. Not a bad tile to work with tho. Only advice I would give is spend your time on the prep for a straight forward install.
Cheers Callatiler, sounds like they would be a good choice for me.

Cheers Callatiler, sounds like they would be a good choice for me.
Thinking about prep I'm having a pumped screed on the ground floor and the company laying it told me there is in effect a crust left on top when it drys that has to be removed.
He said its easily removed with one of those stiff broom things at 48 hours after pouring.
Sealing with a suitable primer when done of course.
Anybody do it that way?

G

GoneGuy

Thinking about prep I'm having a pumped screed on the ground floor and the company laying it told me there is in effect a crust left on top when it drys that has to be removed.
He said its easily removed with one of those stiff broom things at 48 hours after pouring.
Sealing with a suitable primer when done of course.
Anybody do it that way?
Anhydrite screed?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Topps Kamber tiles advice pls in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm new to tiling and looking for some advice. I'm practical and usually pretty good...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Moving into a new build property in the near future so planning the 33 odd sqm garage space...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB