Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles trade prices going up in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Never had a problem with regard to trade discount at Topps. The more you use them the better discount you get and if you know the manager well, you may get even more. If you don't use them often, then the trade price does go down, but surely that is to be expected ????

i couldn't disagree more, during these trying times you would think tile outletts would bend over backwards for your business.

i went into original style to sort out a few tiles for a client, after giving the manager a business card and he could see my sign written van in the car park, he offered me a very good discount as good as i get with my regular supplers, and it was made clear this offer was long standing, as i was IN THE TRADE

C

Colour Republic

My mate sent his customer to topps today to get his grout with his trae card and they wouldnt give it to him, charged him full retail

I would be taking the grout back and inserting it in a very dark place!

At what point did the store think you would thank them for charging you customer retail? If you've given the customer your trade card to pass on discount and the store have embarassed you by refusing them discount i'd go crazy. If the store turned round and said they didn't know if the card was lost or stolen so refused on those grounds I would demand to know why if they were so concerned they didn't ring me.

Somerset
I dont think anyone on this forum works for or has any direct association with Topps Tiles.

The reality is that Topps is a Retail outlet - maximising profit on goods sold to customers who know little or nothing about their products. This is classic business practice make the punter pay whatever you think he will spend grabbing as much profit as possible - mind you there are a fair few tradesmen who will do the same given half the chance.

Now for the trade customer - Topps Tiles only pretends to offer trade discounts - it has never to my knowledge ever offered anything remotely like a sensible trade discount on its products - it neither knows or cares about fostering a good relationship with professional tilers. It is also clear, that a fair number of tilers across the UK have no choice but to buy from Topps because there is no other option. For those of you with this dilemma - I recommend buying direct from internet companies like Walls and Floors and only using Topps as an emergency supplier.

Oh and Topps do not do "customer service" (it apparently reduces their profits). So if you or your customer have a problem with them they may possibly attempt to resolve it if you were supplied by one of their shops - but if you made the mistake of buying online with Topps - not only will they refuse to provide a refund for mis-supplied goods - they will actually charge you for their mistakes!

N

newton&stockley

Service from BAL is a*

I recently posted a thread regarding BAL prices at Topps tiles, it turned out that only the on-line trade account prices have gone up. The prices in store are still the same (mess's up pricing up materials now).
Anyway a BAL member of staff who is on here passed this onto my local sale’s rep and popped into the office for a chat (unfortunately I was on tools at the time). I just thought I post this to let my fellow tilers know what a great service and dedication BAL members of staff have towards their end users.

Dan

Reply to Topps Tiles trade prices going up in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I purchased some tiles on the 13th August from Topps Tiles in London, I wont say which one. But...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Im in desperate need of 6-12 of the Alabasta snow 60x60 (w) SKU 631101 Topps Tiles which...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm due to have my shower area regrouted and I was hoping to find someone that has some spare...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles trade prices going up
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond