Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

T

T & P

Is it just my local Topps Tiles or does this apply everywhere. I went to set up a trade card/account and Topps told me I had to make a couple of purchases and then on the third visit they would let me buy trade. They told me that this applied at all there branches and was company policy. It that right? There are plenty of other tiling shop round by me and I don't know whether to bother with Topps.

G

GazTech

Was also thinking of getting any salesman/woman to write their first name on the back of the card when giving it to a customer, that way i can give that person a little cash in hand, don't want to cause any fights though lol, What do you reckon, would that be the done thing or a bit to pushy.
It would be much appreciated by me Paul!!!golden virginia and Guinness please:wink_smile:

T

tjsmiler

I opened my account with topps today....have tried to do it a few times but kept forgetting to take my receipts in with me, i was allready on friendly terms with the lads in the store so when i went in today i spoke to the manager and plonked about 200 recipts from another store in front of him and told him that i really want to start using topps as my supplier. He opened it up straight away lol really nice feller (i find they are all nice at all topps's) ended up buying £270 worth of slate off him plus a load of sticky and grout. In return for this he pushed a customer my way who was in the store looking for a tiler, i9 went straight around his house and got the job for £750 in his bathroom.... pretty good eh??

TJ
----
By the way, they are all nice people at topps and very helpful too but there is one person i have been told to avoid because he wets himself when he gets excited....am not saying any names but he is in Preston!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paul Sh

Will I be able to open a Topps trade account with a receipt from another tile supplier (Pilkingtons) for some adhesive,spacers and grout etc and a receipt from B&Q for some tiles?

Got letterheads and business cards etc to.

Or will I need to do what is described above?

Cheers
Gaz
That should suffice, i opend one with one single receipt from wickes and it wasn't even tiling related, it's something to do with the VAT number i think, other Topps stores may have a different method but i doubt it, to save you a trip just ring and ask them:icon7:

G

GazTech

i dont use topps . bored just thought i'd ask u summet lol lol
C.T.D. better . lol
'kin hilarious
icon8.gif

G

GazTech

In a minute:icon7: Why do they need a VAT number (curiosity only):icon7:
When registering any new trader,the screen we use asks for these specifics.Post code,1st line of the address or house name, telephone number,2 suppliers names,suppliers VAT number,(NOT YOURS DOH )1st line off reciept ie which goods,and an amount for those goods.If any of the above mentioned are not input,registration is denied.If anyone wants to know why,or cannot understand the policy, Topps tiles head office number is on the Topps website,I'm sure they will be happy to explain. l
icon14.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. I am new to all this so apologies if I have posted in the wrong area. My bathroom is...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm looking for some advice from the experts and hope you can help. I've just had a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a topps tiles opened near me, probably the only tile shop in a 50 mile radius (excluding...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond