Discuss travertine fitting and fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stuartavo

doing a new bathroom and travertine looks very good.i want to fit 30x30x10 to walls and something of a brick design in travertine on the floor.i have a few questions to ask the pros.
1.the tile adhesive is £50 a 20kg bag from topps tiles ,is there a alternative.
2.is cutting the tile relativly easy with a radial cutter.worried about the aero look of the back of the tile not cutting properly.
3.looking at 26 m on the wall and 6m on the floor.who does the best deals in essex.
4.failing that how can i get a discount at topps tiles.

thanks guys.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hiya stuart,as above you will get a cheaper adhesive price if you shop around imo

have you considered using a pro,,stone fixing is not as easy as fitting ceramics and the cost of the tools alone needed to produce a good job you may be cheaper getting a pro to do it and see if he can make you some savings on the tiles and materials

however if your going to do it yourseof youll get great advice on here to steer you in the right direction

I

Ian

hello brian j thanks for the reply.its a new instal with turbo celcon blocks.and cement board in recessed shower room.
thanks tfs for the welcome.

More than suitable then! You will be able to find adhesives and grouts cheaper at independant tile shops or tile giant do mapei products if you have one near you. Topps are reknowned for being a bit pricey if you have to pay retail!

I

Ian

topps tile have a 30x30x 10 honed and filled trav tile for 20 quid a metre.its a wigig tile doesnt look bad ,thinking of this for the walls and something else for the floor as i dont want it to feel like a musoleum.anyone had dealing with these tiles.

The tiles are quite reasonably priced, its the adhesive and grout that is gold plated!!! The travertine is, in my opinion, good quality. Have never had any issues.

Reply to travertine fitting and fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

T
I've almost completed my bathroom. The only thing left to install is a glass screen for the wet...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I've been looking all over the site and I think I have a plan... So, I've fitted the...
Replies
Views
monkey3
M
M
Our shower has been dripping for about six months, since we changed the boiler to a combi. This...
Replies
Views
Martino
M
J
I am new to this forum, and i would really appreciate some advice. We are re-fitting our...
Replies
Views
J
Hello. My first post. After having good search, these tiling forums are the best I have come...
Replies
Views
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
travertine fitting and fixing
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.