Discuss Travertine Repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

WillCalderwood

We've got a travertine floor, and a couple of holes have appeared where the surface has pushed through into a void underneath. Also, one fine crack. I've been looking into repair options, and Tenax Travertine Filler seems to be the recommended brand, I can't seem to find anyone who stocks it though. Please can someone point me in the right direction, or recommend an alternative.

On a separate note - a massive thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and advice given when we were doing the work. This was definitely the most helpful forum I came across, and I asked many questions on many forums over 9 months of building work! Pic attached - we're really pleased with it.

IMG_3208.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Tenax is good stuff but although filled it will still look like a crack!
Better option may be to remove said tile, find reason for the crack and replace with a new one.
Will work for small holes.

On a positive note - I like your colour combination in the photo. Always like the natural feel to wood and travertine and your use of the black and white ( Newcastle United) works well to give a bit of punch, not a headbutt but punch!
Job well done.

G

Gazzer

Tenax is good stuff but although filled it will still look like a crack!
Better option may be to remove said tile, find reason for the crack and replace with a new one.
Will work for small holes.

On a positive note - I like your colour combination in the photo. Always like the natural feel to wood and travertine and your use of the black and white ( Newcastle United) works well to give a bit of punch, not a headbutt but punch!
Job well done.

100% with you there TJ :thumbsup:

W

WillCalderwood

I'll see if I can get the filler to look ok first... I'm not too precious about the floor, we've got a toddler who likes colouring it in.

I think the reason for the crack is just a fault in the tile combined with the UFH. It's a very fine crack, not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

- - - Updated - - -

is it my eyes or are they blue tiles ?
Correct, they are a dark blue.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine Repair in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, new to the forum, nice to meet you. A tiler recommended to bring this question...
Replies
Views
T
Afternoon all, Another newbie question here. Got some great advice last time so hoping you...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
L
Having trawled through the internet i have stumbled across this forum and was wondering if...
Replies
Views
T
Working for a supplier, we get a few issues with batch variation. The complaints we get nearly...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
T
Hi all. First time poster here so thanks in advance for any help you can give and apologies if...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB